to £32k neg dep exp + generous benefits including unlimited overtime
Location: Derby or London base - UK wide coverage
Description: Flexible and enthusiastic Installation and Commissioning Technician required to learn all aspects of test, installation and service activities associated with industrial controls applications.
Our established and highly successful niche sector client offers a range of highest quality services that encompass Project Management and Implementation, Consultancy and Software Development to blue chip clients worldwide, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing planned programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Installation and Commissioning Technician to complement the existing Installations team.
An articulate team player with excellent technical aptitude and a genuine desire to succeed, you will work as an Installation and Commissioning Technician within the control system industry and with full training and mentoring available for suitably experienced individuals, you will realistically be able to demonstrate experience in at least six of the areas below:
- Panel assembly: building electrical and IT panels
- Working with the project team to perform initial testing of system functionality in a test environment in the office, including electrical circuits and equipment operation.
- Setting up system equipment with configuration settings.
- Factory acceptance testing: Working with the project team to formally test system functionality in a test environment in the office, again including electrical circuits and equipment operation.
- System installation on site - IT and cabinet equipment installation on site, associated Electrical power wiring and Termination of signal wiring within the system equipment.
- System commissioning and site acceptance testing - working with the project team to perform system testing on site including control and monitoring of plant equipment and field devices.
- Fault finding & rectification - Performing fault finding of electrical and system problems including any rectification work as necessary
- Equipment inspections on system equipment either in the office or on site.
- Electrical installation certification of system equipment in the office.
- PAT Testing of office IT equipment.
- CAD: Production and modifications of CAD drawings
To be considered for this varied and challenging role it is envisaged that the successful candidate will be qualified to at least HNC level or above in electrical or control engineering and be able to demonstrate at least 2 years relevant work experience in testing of electrical control systems.
You will essentially hold a full UK driving licence and have no criminal convictions due to security clearances required by airport authorities – and will necessitate working a combination of days and nights as required.
This is a field-based role covering the UK and (occasionally Europe) and is ideally suited for someone based in the Midlands or the South with a flexible approach to travelling and working away from home.
Contact the Service Team at Premier Technical Recruitment on 01827 68400 or email your cv in confidence to