to c£40k + generous benefits + OTE
Location: Derby or London Heathrow
Description: Experienced Electrical and Controls Commissioning Engineer required by our niche sector consultancy client to undertake a range of installation and support activities.
Our established and highly successful niche sector client offers a range of highest quality services that encompass Project Management and Implementation, Consultancy and Software Development to blue chip clients worldwide, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing planned programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Commissioning Engineer to complement the existing Industrial Automation team.
A team player with a resourceful and tenacious drive to complete tasks and tests efficiently and thoroughly, you will work as a Commissioning Engineer within the control system industry and be responsible for a range of duties including (but not limited to):
- Checking installed equipment is to correct standard prior to starting testing. Including: verifying installation against drawings and marking up any differences; checking the termination of plant equipment cables into outstations meet standards in Code of Practice and creating a snag list.
- Performing system testing according to Installation and Commissioning Test (ICT) document.
- PLC data input tests including verification of: operation of I/O to and from plant and field devices using hardwired 24v VFCs into PLC; data to and from PLC connected to plant and field devices using a serial interface; data to and from PLC connected to networked devices. i.e. ethernet, Modbus, etc; PLC functional control and monitoring of plant and field devices.
- Field device set-up and test including: configuration and set-up of sensors; verification of operation of systems
- Issue tracking and correction: Record any test failures via Issue Tracking software; fault find and correct any simple PLC code (signal inversion, pulse stretching, etc.) or wiring issues, simple functional PLC code or interface issues or SCADA issues
- Perform client SAT according to SAT documents, including: Recording any test failures and fault finding and repairing any simple PLC code (signal inversion, pulse stretching, etc.) or wiring issues, functional PLC code or interface issues or simple SCADA issues, and performing system wide operational control tests for each system; testing integrated system functionality; site-wide failure scenarios such as major power loss and recovery.
To be considered for this varied and challenging role it is envisaged that the successful candidate will be qualified to at least HND level or above in electrical or control engineering and be able to demonstrate at least 2 years relevant work experience in testing of electrical control systems. You will essentially hold a full UK driving licence and have no criminal convictions due to security clearances required by airport authorities.
This is a field-based role covering the UK and (occasionally Europe) and is ideally suited for someone based in the Midlands or the South with a flexible approach to travelling and working away from home.