Basic + call out / Overtime - OTE to c£55k + benefits
Location: Greater London and surrounding area
Description: Home based commercial catering repair specialist required to build, test, install and service a range of comcat equipment at customer sites throughout the London region and south east areas of the UK.
Our client has been established for more than 30 years and are a global market leader in the provision of highest quality catering infrastructure solutions for supply throughout the world, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth for 2022, they are now seeking to recruit a proactive and experienced Field Service Engineer to complement their established and highly successful catering equipment technical support division.
Ideally located in the London region and reporting to the Service Manager, (one week on four will be based in a prestigious client environment in the City) the successful field service engineer will work as part of an experienced team performing PPM, breakdown repair and contract service maintenance to clients across a wide range of in-house and customer equipment, so experience on a diverse range of kitchen and catering equipment is essential for the role. Core responsibilities for this varied and challenging role will include (but not be limited to)
- Responding to Technical Support calls in an efficient and timely manner and conducting necessary PPM checks to ensure each item of catering equipment / kitchen unit / kitchen installation is safe and fit for purpose and resolving any technical issues as required.
- Liaising with the customer’s on-site catering staff at all levels in order to prioritise and remove breakdowns and both decommissioning equipment and installing replacement items as required.
- Ensuring customer’s staff are instructed in the safe use, care and cleaning of all items of equipment and reporting any suspected or known misuse or neglect issues of Company equipment as they may arise
- Maintaining up to date knowledge in the operation of all items of catering equipment within the hire fleet and the business criticality of each item.
- Completing associated service documentation promptly and accurately and maintaining your work vehicle ensuring it is clean and stocked and ready to work.
- Supporting site and project related activities in the UK or overseas as required.
- Assist and support the Technical Support Department as required.
To be considered for this exceptional opportunity within a genuine market leading environment, you will essentially demonstrate at least 2+ years' experience in a field-based engineering role in catering equipment and have attained qualifications in CCCN1 (or CCN1 and COCATA1), COMCAT-1, COMCAT-3, COMCAT-5 and TPCP1. With strong fault find and repair skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills – including the ability to convey technical information to those of a non-technical nature, you will be an exceptional ambassador of the brand and business at all times and will be well organised and self-motivated to ensure the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction at all times.