to £55k neg dep exp + generous benefits
Location: Nottingham - commutable from Derby, Leicester and surrounding area
Description: Experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer required by our innovative market leading automation solutions client to deliver bespoke machinery and MHE designs for an array of clients.
Our client has been established for more than 20 years and are recognised as market leaders in the provision of bespoke innovative materials handling and automation solutions to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors throughout the UK, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of exciting strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Design Engineer to complement their dynamic and professional team.
Working as part of the Design team, the successful candidate will thrive within a technology focussed design environment and will be responsible for the creation of cutting edge solutions for a range of clients and applications, and who will enjoy problem solving and undertaking innovative design work in order to be able to transform business data into exciting concepts which meet the needs of their clients in a range of industries including Parcel, Ecommerce, Manufacturing & Robotics.
Core responsibilities for this varied and challenging role will include (but not be limited to):
- Understanding client requirements and identifying solutions to meet such requirements whilst considering the opportunities and challenges that they face
- Developing key solution design criteria & metrics and associated material flow diagrams
- Identify technical and safety risks and proposing solutions to limit or eliminate them
- Reviewing operational processes & KPIs and assessing the business case justifications such as ROI
- Liaising with both internal and external suppliers and stakeholders to evolve solutions
- Presenting clear and articulate concepts to clients and colleagues and helping influence the decision-making process
- Developing an understanding of the WCS functionality and liaising with the in-house software design team
- Supporting the design process by developing associated test specifications and other key contract documents
To be considered for this unique and genuinely exceptional opportunity, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will have proven experience in bespoke machine design, material handling and robotics. A mechanical engineering qualification at degree level would be advantageous but not essential and you will ideally demonstrate at least 5 years previous experience gained within a material handling systems senior design environment, with advanced abilities in the MS suite of applications and a high level of proficiency in the use of SolidWorks along with proven experience of logistics and supply chain solutions.
In return, an attractive remuneration and benefits package and genuine scope to progress within a structured and dynamic environment are available for suitably motivated, enthusiastic and experienced individuals.
Contact the Design Team at Premier Technical Recruitment on 01827 68400 or email your cv in confidence to