c£50k to £75k neg dep exp + benefits
Location: East Midlands - commutable from Derby, Leicester and Nottingham
Description: Experienced and dynamic automation and materials handling senior project manager professional required by our innovative and established automation solutions specialist client.
Our client has been established for more than 20 years and are recognised as market leaders in the provision of bespoke innovative materials handling and automation solutions to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors throughout the UK, and as a result of continued success and a planned program of strategic growth for 2023, they are now seeking to recruit a local and experienced Senior Project Manager to complement their professional and highly respected team.
This newly created Senior Project Manager role will suit a dynamic and proactive individual who is experienced in delivering and managing full project lifecycles in a state-of-the-art technology environment where the Project team are responsible for delivering project programmes and objectives by executing and supervising different activities to ensure a successful project.
Able to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and a comprehensive background of working in an installation project management capacity with practical knowledge of high value automation installations, you will be a confident self-starter who thrives in a technology focused business with big aspirations for the future and will be seeking a fresh challenge in which your skills and experience can be utilised to their fullest potential.
Core responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Identifying and understanding the biggest risk areas to projects that could impact time or cost, ranging from long lead items, complex design work required or resource challenges etc.
- Building the project team around the project and coaching them through the project milestones whilst overcoming challenges that may arise.
- Being responsible for creating solutions with the customer and resolving issues for more the complex problems on the project
- Identifying risks at the beginning of the project and understand the terms of the contract agreed with the customer.
- Being customer orientated with excellent client management skills and able to successfully manage multiple projects of between £500k to £15m.
To be considered for this exceptional senior project management position it is envisaged that the successful candidate will demonstrate extensive materials handling and automation solutions experience and a proven background in meeting customer needs within a technical high value projects environment, realistically qualified to at least HND level or above in a relevant engineering discipline and able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen with focus on Time & cost control throughout.
Contact the Projects Team at Premier Technical Recruitment on 01827 68400 or email your cv in confidence to