to £45k basic + overtime + bonus + flexible working
Location: Derby or London Heathrow base with UK coverage after training
Description: Experienced and self motivated electrically biased service and commissioning engineer required by our niche sector client to ensure efficient and satisfactory installation, test and customer handover.Our established and highly successful niche sector client offers a range of highest quality services that encompass Project Management and Implementation, Consultancy and Software Development to blue chip clients worldwide, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing planned programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced multi skilled, electrically biased Service and Commissioning Engineer to complement the existing Industrial Automation and Projects team.
A team player with a resourceful and tenacious drive to complete tasks and tests efficiently and thoroughly, you will work as a Commissioning Engineer within the control system industry and be responsible for a range of duties including (but not limited to):
* Checking installed equipment is to correct standard prior to starting testing including verifying installation against drawings and marking up any differences; checking the termination of plant equipment cables into outstations meet standards in Code of Practice and creating a snag list.
* Performing system testing according to Installation and Commissioning Test (ICT) document.
* PLC and SCADA fault find, modification and debug on code or interface issues.
* Device set-up and test including configuration and set-up of sensors and verification of operation of systems.
* Perform client Site Acceptance Testing and performing system wide operational control tests for each system and testing integrated system functionality and site-wide failure scenarios.
To be considered for this varied and challenging Service and Commissioning Engineer role it is envisaged that the successful candidate will be qualified to at least HND level or above in electrical or control engineering and be able to demonstrate at least 2 years relevant work experience in testing of electrical control systems and ideally based in either the East Midlands or Hounslow areas of the UK.
You will essentially hold a full UK driving licence and have no criminal convictions due to security clearances required by airport authorities and will be eligible to work in the UK without requiring a visa or sponsorship.
This is a field-based Service and Commissioning Engineer role covering the UK and (occasionally Europe) and is ideally suited for someone based in the Midlands or the South with a flexible approach to travelling and working away from home.
Contact the Service Team at Premier Technical Recruitment on 01827 68400 or email your cv in confidence to