to £39,631 + generous overtime and benefits
Location: Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
Description: Multi skilled shift maintenance engineer required to undertake both PPM and reactive breakdown repair activities on a range of automated equipment and special purpose machinery within a busy automated warehousing and distribution centre environment.
Our client is one of the UK’s market leaders in the area of automated warehousing and materials handling solutions, and they are now looking to recruit a multi discipline, electrically biased shift maintenance professional to complement their existing team.
The site operates on a 24/7 basis, and with the company priding itself on the high quality service it provides to customers across the country, it is essential that they now recruit a similarly committed and highly professional maintenance team member to work on a 3 shift system (6-2 / 2-10 / 10 – 6) to ensure equipment is maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands.
Core responsibilities for this electrically biased shift maintenance position will include:
- Conducting reactive and PPM maintenance on automated high bay warehousing curve cranes and pallet conveyor systems
- Monitoring the operation and ensuring stoppages are dealt with promptly.
- Assisting the site manager with any safety issues which may arise.
- Using the computerised system to monitor site activity.
- Advising customers of any stock related issues.
- Promoting any enhancements or additions required via correct channels.
- Provide cover alongside other team members for holidays and sickness.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated maintenance engineer to join a team responsible for the ongoing efficiency of 7 fully automated cranes and conveyor systems that handle more than 60,000 pallets per month. To be considered for this exciting position, you will demonstrate a relevant recognized qualification to at least HNC or C&G level or above, a strong multi skilled, electrically biased (60:40) background, experience of working at heights and also of working both autonomously and as part of a team.
In return, a mapped career progression path and excellent remuneration package are available.