£45,453 + van + bonus + exceptional benefits package
Location: Greater London region
Description: Multi skilled and experienced field service engineer professional required to undertake safe service, installation and repair activities on a range of gas delivery systems for a range of applications.
Our client is part of as multi-billion-pound global organisation employing more than 70,000 staff in more than 100 countries and are recognised market leaders in their niche manufacturing sector. As a result of continued success, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced customer focussed Field Service Engineer to complement their established and professional team covering the Greater London region.
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be tasked with delivering high quality installation and maintenance services across a regional portfolio of clients (primarily Universities and laboratory client environments) ensuring customer owned equipment is correctly installed, operated, recorded, improved and maintained in a safe, legally compliant and cost-effective manner in order to deliver highest levels of service and operation at all times.
Core duties for this varied and challenging role will include (but not be limited to):
- Installing industrial and medical, cryogenic, non-cryogenic gas storage and distribution systems in line with relevant standards and legislative requirements, and accurately completing associated installation documentation (including details of work and costs, visit reports, handover and customer training as required)
- Acting as the Competent Person for equipment and ensuring the timely completion of RoTE's / Written Schemes of examinations and planned maintenance
- Advising customers on Pressure Safety System Regulations for their own equipment, as well as undertaking assessments of customer owned systems for compliance with contemporary PSSR and legislative requirements and Industry standards whilst developing further opportunities.
- Identifying, carrying out and managing any remedial works as required, and obtaining the customer's written order from the appropriate level of authority to conduct such works
- Participating in the development of maintenance strategies and documentation in conjunction with the customer engineering services project and technical engineers for new applications and supply scheme equipment.
- Participating in the out of hours emergency call service rota as required to ensure continuous out of hours call service can be provided.
- Ensuring compliance with all company Policies, Processes and SHEQ requirements ensuring associated documentation is submitted to the appropriate department in a timely manner
- Actively keeping competencies up to date and developing skills and experience appropriate to new equipment and processes that may be introduced and adopting a pro-active approach to engineering solutions, improving process efficiencies, customer experience and reducing maintenance costs
- Supporting the development of less experienced peers by coaching and mentoring
To be considered for this exceptional opportunity within a genuine market leading organisation, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will have completed a time served apprenticeship and qualified to at least C&G / NVQ Level 3 in a relevant engineering discipline along with at least 4 years previous experience of working in a technical maintenance or service engineering environment. Contact the Service Team at PTR on 01827 68400 or email your cv in confidence to