£48k + generous overtime + benefits
Location: Moreton-In-Marsh, Gloucestershire
Description: Experienced electrical and controls engineer required by our established and highly successful client to create and maintain electrical hardware & software solutions within a busy manufacturing arena.
Our client has been established for almost 60 years and are the UK’s leading manufacturer of innovative solutions allied to their niche sector industry, supplying an array of customers and industry sectors throughout the world. As a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced and proactive Electrical and Controls Engineer to complement their existing professional team.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of electrical and instrumentation plant and equipment within a busy manufacturing environment, and will be tasked with providing support to and working with the engineering team on projects and the maintenance of plant and equipment to ensure smooth and continuous plant operation.
Core responsibilities for this varied and challenging Electrical and Controls Engineer role will include (but not be limited to):
- Undertaking both routine planned preventative and reactive breakdown electrical maintenance on a range of plant and instrumentation equipment.
- Contributing towards continuous improvement and equipment reliability and optimization activities, developing electrical maintenance strategies and being involved with ongoing machinery refurbishment projects
- Designing and constructing electrical systems and associated PLC/HMI software for production machinery and automation projects as required (ideally Siemens experience) as well as servicing PLC/HMI software as required
- Responsibility for ensuring machine and equipment software is safely backed up with Indexed documentation to facilitate prompt and seamless recovery of lost programs and data.
- Management of E & I projects and liaising closely with other departments to minimise disruption to production.
- Procurement of replacement parts and spares as required
- Organising and liaising with contractors as required and planning the execution of plant and equipment shutdowns when required
To be considered for this exceptional opportunity with a genuine market leading company, the successful candidate will demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving and fault finding along with strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
Able to work both autonomously and as part of a team with a high level of attention to details, you will be IT literate, realistically qualified to at least C&G or BTEC in Electrical Engineering or above, and demonstrate proven hands-on electrical engineering and electrical diagnostic skills and at least 3 years’ experience of working with PLC/HMI’s, drives and drive controls and writing code, with general electrical knowledge of industrial production plant and equipment and basic engineering design and mechanical engineering experience.
Contact the Controls Team at Premier Technical Recruitment on 01827 68400 or email your cv in confidence to