c£36k increasing to £40k when qualified
Location: London and surrounding area
Description: Trainee engineer required to become CCCN1/COCATA/COMCAT1,3 & 5 and TPCP1 qualified after training as a field service required by our market leading commercial catering solutions specialist client.
Our client has been established for more than 30 years and are a global market leader in the provision of highest quality catering infrastructure solutions for supply throughout the world, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth for 2023 and beyond, they are now seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Trainee Field Service Engineer to complement their established and highly successful catering equipment technical support division.
Ideally located in the London region and reporting to the Technical Support Manager, (one week on four will be based in a prestigious client environment in the City) the successful trainee field service engineer will work alongside a team of experienced senior engineers, gaining “on the job” training as well as attending relevant training courses which will develop you into a qualified catering engineer and part of an experienced team responsible for performing planned maintenance, repair, and contract service maintenance to clients across London and surrounding areas on a diverse range of kitchen and catering equipment.
Core responsibilities for this varied and challenging role will include (but not be limited to)
- Responding to Technical Support calls in an efficient and timely manner and conducting necessary PPM checks to ensure each item of catering equipment / kitchen unit / kitchen installation is safe and fit for purpose and resolving any technical issues as required.
- Liaising with the customer’s on-site catering staff at all levels in order to prioritise and remove breakdowns and both decommissioning equipment and installing replacement items as required.
- Ensuring customer’s staff are instructed in the safe use, care and cleaning of all items of equipment and reporting any suspected or known misuse or neglect issues of Company equipment as they may arise
- Maintaining up to date knowledge in the operation of all items of catering equipment within the hire fleet and the business criticality of each item.
- Completing associated service documentation promptly and accurately and maintaining your work vehicle ensuring it is clean and stocked and ready to work.
- Supporting site and project related activities in the UK or overseas as required.
- Assist and support the Technical Support Department as required.
To be considered for this exceptional opportunity within a genuine market leading environment, you will ideally demonstrate at least 1 or more years' experience in a field-based engineering role with relevant mechanical and electrical qualifications (NVQ or above).
You will essentially hold a full UK driving licence and demonstrate excellent customer facing and communication skills with good organisation and time keeping skills and a flexible approach in order to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction at all times.