c£39k to £43k neg dep exp + benefits
Description: Experienced proposals manager with knowledge and experience of devising commercially beneficial proposals and tender applications associated with the heavier materials handling sector.
Our client is part of a group that has been established for more than 150 years and specialise in a range of bespoke engineering activities, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit a proactive and highly self-motivated Proposals Manager to complement their highly successful mechanical handling team.
As Proposals Manager you will report to the Directors and Senior Management Team and will be responsible for a range of duties that will include (but not be limited to):
- Responding to customer enquiries for the provision of Company products, including design consultancy and technical services by researching and preparing quotations for issue to the customer, and responding to customer purchase orders promptly for the supply of these products and services.
- Maintaining the enquiry and contract database.
- Maintaining excellent communications and relationships with customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Progressing enquiries and orders in a prompt and efficient manner in accordance with agreed timescales.
- Processing enquiries and contracts on time in order to achieve the best performance outcome in line with turnover and profit budgets.
- Ensuring all pricing quotations are issued with appropriate commercial Terms & Conditions and are in line with company policy and that all subsequent contracts are executed accordingly.
- Undertaking bid/no bid reviews with senior management.
- Promoting the sales of company products and services.
To be considered for this varied and challenging role, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will be qualified to at least HNC level or above in a relevant engineering discipline and demonstrate at least 3 years previous experience of working within an engineering or technical sales quotations and proposals environment. You will be highly customer-satisfaction focussed (both internal and external) with excellent levels of IT literacy and attention to details.
With your essential ability to read technical drawings and engineering specifications, knowledge of the materials handling sector and relevant technical and quality standards will prove distinctly advantageous. A full UK driving licence is also essential for the position.