to c£50k + generous benefits
Location: Warrington base with travel to other depots and offices as required
Description: Proactive and experienced QHSE Manager required by our globally recognised market leading engineering solutions specialist client to ensure compliance and training objectives are achieved.
Our client is part of a group that has been established for more than 150 years and employs more than 5,500 staff globally and specialise in a range of bespoke heavier engineering activities with this particular division primarily associated with the Rail industry. Due to continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced and self-motivated QHSE Manager to be based out of their prestigious Warrington based Head Office environment and covering other depots and offices as required.
Reporting to the Directors of the business, the position is very much a “hands on” role and as a valued member of the team, your primary duties will be to proactively promote and support a positive culture of Quality, Health, Safety and Environment within the business, supporting QHSE objectives by engaging with staff and operational teams in supporting, and educating them on the importance and delivery of QHSE standards.
The successful candidate will be responsible for improving performance through the monitoring and inspections of QHSE management systems and procedures at site level, including ISO45001, ISO14001, ISO9001, whilst driving a positive safety culture as well as ensuring the timely delivery of associated underpinning team QHSE objectives, contract mobilisation support, inspection, and audits and QHSE training. Key responsibilities for this varied and challenging role will include (but not be limited to):
- Management of the company QHSE policies and procedures, maintaining ISO45001, ISO9001 & ISO14001 compliance and accreditation.
- Creation and ongoing improvement of QHSE processes & procedures including SSOW, Method Statements, Risk Assessments (including COSHH, Manual Handling, Working at height etc.) and other related documentation, including the integration of customer-specific requirements relating to the Rail industry together with statutory obligations and duties.
- Supervision of the QHSE Engineer and other depot based HSE Advisors/Engineers.
- Managing RISQS and ISO accreditation process and other licencing/accreditation processes.
- Manage all QHSE responsibilities for activities involving the operation of plant and equipment on the Railway Managed Infrastructure.
- Manage internal audit programs for Quality, Environmental, Safety and Health measurable against agreed targets and programmes.
- Managing Operator and Maintenance training and competency programmes and records and delivering presentations, internal training, briefings, and toolbox talks.
- Recording, statistical analysis and investigation of accidents & near misses.
- Attend meetings and liaise with clients to discuss QHSE issues and development plans.
- Assist in managing performance measures with a view to continuous improvement.
- Collate data and produce project status and period end reports as required.
The successful candidate will also be required to work alongside the HSE Manager within the parent company on various initiatives and projects and may involve working as part of a Team, and/or taking the lead on initiatives such as creating and maintaining a culture in which all employees feel safety has a high value and that they are clear about responsibilities, safety aims and objectives, developing training programs to help reduce workplace accidents and incidents, facilitating regular HSE Meetings with senior management teams and HSE personnel throughout the Group to share knowledge and best practice and collating and reporting of company-wide HSE performance and accident statistics.
To be considered for this varied and challenging role, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will demonstrated at least 3 or more years’ experience of working in or allied to the UK rail industry (or track plant systems), hold a PTS Card and hold a recognised Health & Safety qualification (MIOSH at Diploma level or equivalent) and ISO45001, ISO9001 & ISO14001 Auditor training certification. You will hold a full UK driving licence and will be aware of H&S legislation and Railway Group Standards ensuring strict adherence to safety procedures and safe systems of work applicable to working in a railway environment.