c£30k to £35k + bonus + benefits - negotiable dependent upon experience
Description: Experienced QHSE Coordinator required by our niche sector Agricultural client to assist in all aspects of QHSE policy implementation and compliance.Our client has been established for more than half a century and are market leaders in the formulation, development and manufacture of animal feed solutions for customers throughout the UK, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, are now seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic QHSE Coordinator to complement their professional mill environment team.
Reporting to the Mill Manager, this newly created position will assist in generating and promoting a positive Quality, Health & Safety culture within the workplace, advising on all aspects of Health & Safety and ensuring compliance with legislation and adherence to best practice at all times in order to deliver overall business objectives. Core responsibilities for this varied and challenging role will include (but not be limited to):
• Managing the Quality Standards required to make safe high-quality feed, being responsible for the quality data reporting and assisting with audit requirements whilst always ensuring compliance with strict quality control procedures. You will advise on and implement all aspects of Health & Safety policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with health & safety legislation and adherence to best practice at all times in order to deliver business objectives.
• Proactively engaging with and educating all employees on the importance and relevance of Quality and Safety, delivering safety awareness programmes as required.
• Active involvement in the implementation and maintenance of an effective Risk Management system ensuring a safe working environment and pro-actively identifying areas of concern to the H&S team, escalating as necessary / follow-up to ensure corrective actions implemented.
• Managing the sites accident reporting system, carrying out thorough investigation and corrective action as necessary and maintaining audit standards and ensuring corrective processes are in place to address non-conformances.
• Professionally represent the company with external and regulatory bodies as required, securing the relevant operation permits to ensure legal compliance.
• Supporting the induction of new employees by delivering training from an H&S perspective and the development and maintenance of equipment and systems to secure the effective protection of all personnel.
• Driving continuous improvement, proactively reviewing current methodology and opportunities to improve the sites efficiency, safety, quality and performance.
To be considered for this exceptional opportunity it is envisaged that the successful candidate will demonstrate solid academic achievements with proven experience as a Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental practitioner. You will demonstrate experience of leading HSE projects delivering positive outputs for the business and of delivering HSE based internal training with strong experience in managing the auditing process and a track record of enabling full compliance in both internal and external audits.
You will also possess experience of managing accident reporting systems, undertaking investigations and implementing corrective actions with experience within a production environment proving distinctly advantageous. Essentially you will hold a NEBOSH National certificate in occupational health and safety along with a Level 3 HACCP for Food manufacturing, with NEBOSH or IOSH Environmental Management certificates again proving distinctly advantageous. You will have excellent knowledge of IT systems and management of HSE databases and hold a full UK driving licence and car to travel among sites as required.