to £54k + 10% bonus + exceptional benefits
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Description: Experienced technical maintenance / project management specialist with knowledge of air separation and HyCo processes and equipment required by our market leading global manufacturing leader.
Our client is part of as multi-billion-pound global organisation employing more than 70,000 staff in more than 100 countries and are recognised market leaders in their niche manufacturing sector. As a result of continued success, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced Turnaround Engineer to complement their established and professional team based at their Rotherham facility.
Reporting to the Operations Support Manager, the Turnaround Engineer is tasked with managing plant shutdowns and major maintenance and breakdown activity across a range of production sites in both the UK and Ireland, as well as for all aspects of associated budgetary management, with results measured including zero SHE incidents, on-time, on budget, fit-for-purpose and right first time shut down activities and ensuring that that plants satisfy contractual and legislative requirements, and operate safely, reliability and efficiently at optimal total lifetime cost.
Core responsibilities for this varied and challenging role will include (but not be limited to):
- Leading the scoping, planning, execution and close out of “Turnaround” teams
- Undertaking various elements of contract management, project management, compliance checks and coordinating all aspects of overhauls as required
- Working with operating sites, Remote Operating Centres, central engineering staff, SHEQ & On-Sites Support Team member clearly defining scopes of work for Turnarounds and budgeting these accordingly
- Bringing together and leading multiskilled teams to plan and execute turnarounds
- On-Site management and task ownership during the execution phase of turnarounds
- Complete responsibility for the close out, financial and activity reporting
To be considered for this unique opportunity with a genuine blue chip global market leader in their niche field, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will hold a degree in a relevant
Engineering discipline and demonstrate at least 5 years suitable relevant experience gained in a technical maintenance or project engineering environment. You will possess proven Programme management, budgetary and financial management and outsourced contractor management experience with excellent organisational, man management and communication skills at all levels.
You will also demonstrate a good working knowledge and experience of working in a production plant environment in operations and maintenance including condition monitoring, heat exchangers, rotating machinery, coldbox equipment and reformers.
With a strong focus on continuous improvement and innovation as well as developing fellow team members in their own career progression, you will be skilled in reading and understanding P&ID’s, engineering drawings, manuals, operating & maintenance instructions, and demonstrate previous knowledge or experience of working with Air Separation Units and HyCo processes and equipment.