c£55k-£60k neg dep exp + generous benefits
Location: Stallingborough, South Humber, North East Lincolnshire
Description: Experienced Performance and Production Support professional required to ensure the achievement of KPI's and customer satisfaction within a fast paced power generation environment.
Our client is recognised globally as one of the largest power generation and suppliers in Europe and employs more than 25,000 staff worldwide, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced Performance and Production Support Engineer to complement their established and professional team.
Based at the South Humber Bank power station and reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be tasked with supporting the business in order to achieve production targets safely, efficiently and within environmental limits, deliver customer satisfaction, maximise commercial value from the asset and support the delivery of the business plan. Core responsibilities for this varied and challenging role will include (but not be limited to):
- Co-ordinating the generation of production plans, providing a key interface with all areas of the business and group to ensure that commercial impacts are minimised by establishing systems to monitor site thermal efficiency, reliability, availability and ensuring outage schedules are delivered to time
- Establishing a performance model, bespoke to the site that can track efficiencies across all aspects of plant corrected back to ISO conditions, and monitoring and reporting on degradation and making recommendations for improvement projects and maintenance
- Making recommendations for reliability and efficiency improvement projects and upgrades and assisting in business justification cases where necessary, and driving project delivery and ensuring plant performance tests are planned and executed to agreed timescales.
- Achieving production to nomination targets in a safe and effective manner thereby satisfying both internal and external customers and being responsible for collating and communicating benchmark data
- Responsible for ensuring that the requirements of the Generation (Grid Code), EU ETS and PPC Licences are fulfilled, data collected and timely reports submitted and ensuring statutory and internal reporting requirements are delivered on time to the required standard
- Managing the interaction, where applicable, with NGT/Gas Supply Networks and internal customers in respect of energy requirements and
To be considered for this exceptional and unique opportunity it is essential that the successful candidate demonstrates CCGT process knowledge including plant performance and thermodynamic understanding and an In-depth knowledge of appropriate industry operational policies, procedures and standards, with the ability to apply these to gain competitive advantage. You will possess proven and extensive experience of power plant operation within the power generation, or similar process industry and competence in the use of IT/IS skill e.g. MS Office, OSIsoft applications (PI Processbook, PI Coresight). A working knowledge of Performance Models/Tools and Optimax or similar performance tools is also required, and it is envisaged that you will be qualified to at least HND level or above in a relevant engineering discipline and a member of a relevant professional institution.