to c£80k neg dep exp + benefits
Location: East Midlands - commutable from Derby, Leicester and Nottingham
Description: Experienced Solutions Design Engineer professional required by our established and innovative niche sector automation and materials handling solutions specialist.
Our client has been established for more than 20 years and are recognised as market leaders in the provision of bespoke innovative materials handling and automation solutions to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors throughout the UK, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of exciting strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and self-motivated Solutions Design Engineer to complement their dynamic and professional team.
Working as part of the Solutions team, the successful date driven candidate will thrive within a technology focussed solutions design environment and will be responsible for the collation, cleansing and analysis of data to determine project requirements and help drive the sales and contracting process, and who will enjoy problem solving and solution design in order to be able to transform business data into innovative concepts which meet the needs of their clients in a range of industries including Parcel, Ecommerce, Manufacturing & Robotics.
Core responsibilities for this varied and challenging role will include (but not be limited to):
- Analysing data, understanding client requirements and identifying the opportunities and challenges that they face
- Developing key solution design criteria & metrics and associated material flow diagrams
- Reviewing operational processes & KPIs and assessing the business case justifications such as ROI
- Collaborating closely with the core sales team to identify and recommend solutions which fit the requirements of the client
- Liaising with both internal and external suppliers and stakeholders to evolve solutions
- Presenting clear and articulate concepts to clients and colleagues and helping influence the decision-making process
- Developing an understanding of the WCS functionality and liaising with the in-house software design team
- Owning the cost model and being involved in the sales and commercial strategy for projects
- Supporting the contracting phase by developing test specifications and other key contract documents
To be considered for this unique and genuinely exceptional opportunity, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will realistically be qualified to at least degree level or above in a relevant engineering discipline and ideally demonstrate at least 3 years previous experience gained within a material handling systems design environment, with advanced abilities in the MS suite of applications and a high level of proficiency in the use of both AutoCAD and proven experience of logistics and supply chain solutions.
In return, an attractive remuneration and benefits package and genuine scope to progress within a structured and dynamic environment are available for suitably motivated, enthusiastic and experienced individuals.