to c£40k + car + benefits neg dep exp
Location: Leicestershire base - home working available - UK wide coverage
Description: Experienced Waste Water Site Supervisor required to oversee all electrical and mechanical parts of a range of UK wide projects.
Our client has been established for almost a decade and specialise in the provision of wastewater solutions from design through to delivery with both municipal and industrial clients across the UK, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, are now seeking to recruit an articulate, enthusiastic and experienced Senior Site Engineering professional to complement their highly successful team.
As the role involves working on nationwide projects, you will initially be required to work out of the Leicestershire office for 1 day each week in order to liaise with the senior management team and provide project progress updates, with the option of working from home for the rest of the week being acceptable subject to the needs of the business – but you will also need to be flexible to undertake overnight accommodation in Cork, Ireland, when attending installations during the project delivery stages (with this being limited to Monday to Friday with no weekend stopovers required).
Primary duties for this varied and challenging role will include (but not be limited to):
- Site supervision of mechanical and electrical parts of the project
- Management of sub-contractors on and off site, and management of projects at construction phase
- Develop and maintain project installation programme using EXCEL or MS Project
- Preparation of internal monthly project reports/ maintain a site
- Site commissioning and client sign off and all necessary documentation
- Attend all site meetings and record minutes of meetings
- Interpreting drawings for fabrication and installation with approved subcontractors
- Support the in house QMS system and ensure all company policies and procedures are adhered to
- Health and Safety - Prepare a detail method statement and risk assessments and have up to date health and safety training certificates
Additionally, the successful candidate will excel in building and maintaining excellent relationships with both customers and suppliers and will work closely with the in-house design engineering team, identifying variations as appropriate and providing weekly progress reports on all projects to the Company Directors. You will create and maintain operations and maintenance manuals with the in-house engineers and provide support in tender preparation on installations costs, as well as maintaining up to date Management Cards and Health and Safety certificates and providing operator training as required.
To be considered for this varied and challenging role within an environment committed to delivering the highest standards of service and customer satisfaction, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will ideally be Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering or Technical discipline and demonstrate at least 3 years’ experience of working within the Wastewater industry. You will demonstrate exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) at all levels and be able to build solid relationships with both internal and external customers as necessary. You will be self-motivated, hard-working and reliable with good attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.