Shift Maintenance Engineer
to £38,500 + £50 call out allowance, generous overtime and additional benefits
Description: Multi skilled shift maintenance professional required to undertake both PPM and reactive maintenance activities on a range of automated equipment and SPM in a busy distribution centre environment.Our client is recognized as one of the UK’s market leaders in the area of automated materials handling solutions, and as a result of recent positive internal restructuring, they are now looking to recruit a multi discipline, electrically biased shift maintenance professional to complement their established and successful existing team.
The site operates on a 24/7 basis, and with the company priding itself on the high-quality service it provides to its’ customers across the country, it is essential that they now recruit a similarly committed and highly professional maintenance team member to ensure equipment is maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands.
Working on an average 38 hr week on a 5 week rotating shift basis (Week 1 - Mon to Thu 6am to 4pm), (Week 2 - Sat and Sun 6am to 6pm then Tue to Fri 6am to 4pm) Week 3 off, (Week 4 – Sun 6pm to 6am then Mon to Fri - 10pm to 6am) and Week 5 – Mon to Thu 2pm to 10pm and Fri 2pm to 8pm) - due to the way the shift pattern falls and the annualized hours scheme, the position effectively offers 53 days off per annum.
Core responsibilities for this multi skilled shift maintenance position will include:
• Conducting reactive and PPM maintenance on automated cranes and conveyor systems
• Facilities maintenance activities on both site buildings and associated equipment
• Monitoring the operation and ensuring stoppages are dealt with promptly
• Assisting the site manager with any safety issues which may arise
• Using the computerised system to monitor site activity
• Advising customers of any stock related issues
• Promoting any enhancements or additions required via correct channels
• Provide cover alongside other team members for holidays and sickness
This is an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated maintenance engineer to join a team responsible for the ongoing efficiency of 10 fully automated cranes and conveyor systems that handle more than 50,000 pallets per month. To be considered for this exciting position, you will demonstrate a relevant recognized qualification, a strong electrical background, experience of working at heights and also of working both autonomously and as part of a team.