£40,849 increasing to £42,000 after probation + generous overtime and exceptional benefits
Location: Coalville, Leicester
Description: Multi skilled shift maintenance engineer required to undertake both PPM and reactive breakdown repair activities on a range of automated equipment and special purpose machinery within a busy automated warehousing and distribution centre environment.
Our client is recognized as one of the UK’s market leaders in the area of automated materials handling solutions, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now looking to recruit an electrically biased multi discipline shift maintenance engineer to complement their existing professional team.
This is a newly created position and will initially work on an “earlies and lates” 6am to 2pm / 2pm to 10pm shift pattern – although this may change to a 3x shift pattern during the course of 2021, and so it is essential that the successful candidate is comfortable in working on a 3 shift basis in the future.
With the company priding itself on the high quality service it provides to its’ customer and the highest levels of Health and Safety commitment, it is essential that they now recruit a self-motivated and highly professional maintenance engineer to ensure a range of materials and special purpose machinery equipment (including but not limited to conveyors, label applicators, carton forming and lidding machines, printers and A-frame picking systems) are maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands for throughput, availability and reliability.
Core responsibilities for this electrically biased multi discipline shift maintenance position will include:
- Conducting reactive breakdown repair and PPM maintenance on a range of electrical and mechanical automated equipment and systems
- Supporting the customer’s operational staff and site management team
- Monitoring the operation and ensuring stoppages are dealt with promptly
- Assisting the site manager with any safety issues which may arise
- Using the CMMS computerised system to monitor site activity
- Advising customers of any stock related issues
- Promoting any enhancements or additions required via correct channels
- Provide cover alongside other team members for holidays and sickness
- Assist in the identification and implementation of CI initiatives on site