£47k to £50k + £250pm on call allowance + benefits
Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Description: Experienced and proactive Maintenance Supervisor required to coordinate the activities of a busy multi skilled maintenance team performing PPM and reactive breakdown repairs on a range of SPM.
Our client is part of as multi-billion-pound global organisation employing more than 70,000 staff in more than 100 countries and are recognised market leaders in their niche manufacturing sector. As a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced and multi skilled Maintenance Supervisor to complement their established and professional team based in Brinsworth area of Rotherham.
Responsible for supervising a small team of similarly multidisciplinary engineers, the successful candidate will be tasked with the organisation and control of all plant maintenance activities at the site to ensure plant reliability, a safe place of work and an orderly and well-maintained environment are sustained at all times, and you will ensure that all plant on site is regularly maintained through the effective management of resources by use of PPM on SAP.
In addition to proactive PPM work, you will also ensure a prompt reactive breakdown repair service is maintained to ensure faulty plant and equipment is rectified as quickly as possible, whilst ensuring safe working practices are adhered to (including strict control of the Permit to Work system), thereby ensuring that internal maintenance team members and 3rd party contractors carry out work in a safe and efficient manner.
Other responsibilities for this varied and challenging supervisor role will include (but not be limited to):
- Control of costs associated with the maintenance budget.
- Maximising productivity through effective supervision of the workforce and availability of equipment including continuous improvement projects
- Providing technical support and major input into the resolution of plant problems
- Involvement in accident investigation and reporting to maximise knowledge of causes and to prevent recurrence.
- Departmental safety responsibilities, ensuring actions are completed.
- Engaging with and controlling of contractors for mechanical, instrument, electrical and civil work without scope of the internal maintenance team.
- Lead local SHEQ and Business Improvement Teams which feed into the Branch SHEQ Committee and focus on specific SHEQ or business issues.
- Reducing the losses of gases, raw materials and energy on site