to £35,400 + overtime, call out allowance and generous benefits
Description: Multi skilled shift maintenance engineer required to undertake both PPM and reactive breakdown repair activities on a range of automated equipment and special purpose machinery within a busy automated warehousing and distribution centre environment.
Our client is recognized as one of the UK’s market leaders in the area of automated materials handling solutions, and as a result of continuing success and an ongoing program of strategic growth, they are now looking to recruit a multi discipline shift maintenance professional to complement their established existing team at the Portsmouth Naval base.
The site operates on a 24/7 basis (although the position is for Monday to Friday), and with our client priding themselves on the high quality service they provide to their customer, it is essential that they now recruit a similarly committed and highly professional maintenance team member to ensure equipment is maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demand on a security cleared fully operational naval base environment as well as on an occasional “out of hours” phone cover rota basis.
Working between the hours of 7am to 10pm on one of three rotating 8 hr shift patterns (7am to 3pm, 8.30am to 4.30pm and 10am to 6pm) , core responsibilities for this multi skilled shift maintenance position which reports to the Site Supervisor will include:
- Conducting reactive and PPM maintenance on AGV’s, fully automated stacker cranes and conveyor systems
- Facilities maintenance activities on both site buildings and associated equipment
- Monitoring the operation and ensuring stoppages are dealt with promptly
- Assisting the site manager with any safety issues which may arise
- Using the computerised system to monitor site activity
- Advising customer of any stock related issues
- Promoting any enhancements or additions required via correct channels
- Provide cover alongside other team members for holidays and sickness
This is an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated maintenance engineer to join a team responsible for the ongoing efficiency of fully automated cranes and conveyor systems, and it is essential that in addition to being able to obtain basic UK MOD Security clearance, you will also be comfortable in working at heights.
To be considered for this exciting position, you will demonstrate relevant recognized engineering qualifications and a strong mechanical engineering background along with excellent communication skills at all levels and the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team. In return, a mapped career progression path and excellent remuneration package are available.