c£35k - £45k neg dep exp + generous benefits
Location: Leicester, East Midlands
Description: Experienced Electrical Engineer required to undertake both maintenance and continuous improvement activities within a busy special purpose print equipment environment.
Our client provide bespoke digital marketing and print solutions to a range of clients throughout the UK and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Electrical Engineer to complement their established and professional team and provided engineering and facilities support on a range of special purpose printing equipment.
Reporting to the Engineering and Facilities Manager, the successful candidate will undertake a range of both PPM and reactive breakdown repair activities within a busy print environment and perform a range of duties (including but not limited to):
- trouble shooting on any system errors and able to prioritise effectively for optimal production performance and minimal downtime
- finding long term solutions with minimal disruption to production.
- offering expertise in electrical/electronic repairs that are needed and to provide preventative measures to improve production performance.
- supporting the Engineering & facilities manager to develop and implement a PAC plan for all electrical systems.
- Able to work quickly and accurately with a high level of attention to detail and often working to strict deadlines both autonomously and as part of the team
- assisting in formulating business cases for improving the equipment electrically.
To be considered for this varied and challenging role you will need to demonstrate excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills at all levels and will be qualified to the latest electrical standards to ensure that the business electrical systems are up to date and up to the highest standard, whilst being a strong advocate of Health & safety in order to ensure that the site is the safest it can be.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will be 18th Edition qualified and at least HNC or above in a relevant electrical engineering discipline along with proven experience of working with drives and PLC’s and good all round mechanical abilities (hydraulics and pneumatics) in a general manufacturing environment, with printing or mailing experience proving distinctly advantageous.