EC&I Production Maintenance Technician
to c£43k + bonus + generous benefits - neg dep exp
Description: Multi skilled EC&I Production Maintenance Technician required to undertake both PPM and reactive breakdown repair activities on a range of SPM associated with a busy Power Station environment.Our client is recognised globally as one of the largest power generation and suppliers in Europe and employs more than 25,000 staff worldwide, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced Production Maintenance Technician to complement their established and professional team.
Based at the Langage Power Station near Plymouth, (a combined-cycle power plant that consists of a single 885 MW unit in multi-shaft configuration), the Production Team (Maintenance) are responsible for delivering excellent plant performance and efficiency through the maintenance and operations strategies, whilst ensuring full compliance with agreed HSE performance standards, and carry out PPM and reactive breakdown activities with minimal supervision whilst also supporting the operations side of the production department during peak periods.
The EC&I Production Maintenance Technician role involves working within the multidiscipline Production Team tasked with maintaining, overhauling and upgrading measurement, control, protection and electrical plant and equipment. Reporting to the Production team Leader, the successful candidate will undertake a range of duties including:
• Planning and performing maintenance throughout the site to ensure the continued availability and reliability of the power station and achieving compliance with HSE, company and statutory requirements
• Ensuring HSE standards are maintained by providing both direct / indirect supervision
• Developing, communicating and implementing task plans
• supporting the preparation and execution of projects and overhaul activities, including development of contract specifications and resource management
• contributing to the technical specification and designing of projects and contracts.
• Preparing work method statements, risk assessments and / or plant operating instructions, ensuring the required level of maintenance is achieved and records maintained
• Investigating complex technical problems relating to critical plant, identifying, diagnosing and reporting defects within the plant utilising the Maintenance Management system
• Carrying out routine / non routine maintenance activities in according with agreed procedures and operational requirements to support the wider team.
To be considered for this varied and challenging role you will demonstrate previous experience gained within the power generation or similar process industry and a practical knowledge of process plant and equipment. You will possess a flexible approach to working within other departments as required and undertaking shift work as necessary.
You will be an excellent communicator at all levels and comfortable in building and influencing relationships through excellent interpersonal skills and a strong positive attitude, and will be able to adapt quickly to changes and cope with pressurised situations, whilst adopting a flexible approach to changes in priority and adhering to deadlines.
It is envisaged that you will be qualified to at least HNC level or above in a relevant electrical engineering discipline and have successfully completed a recognised formal training programme or apprenticeship to achieve technician status or above, with membership of (or working towards) a relevant professional institution proving distinctly advantageous.