c£38k to £45k neg dep exp + generous benefits
Location: Derby Head Office with UK wide travel
Description: Experienced BMS design, installation and test engineer required by our established and highly successful niche engineering sector specialist.
Our client is renowned as a market leader in the provision of innovative and bespoke integrated systems to the transportation infrastructure industry. Offering a range of highest quality services that encompass Project Management and Implementation, Consultancy and Software Development to blue chip clients worldwide, as a result of continued success and an ongoing planned programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic BMS Engineer to complement their established and successful team of electrical and control professionals.
Due to timescale constraints, applications will ONLY be considered on behalf of candidates either based in or able to relocate at short notice to the East Midlands region, and who are eligible to work in the UK with immediate effect. You will also ESSENTIALLY hold a full clean UK driving licence.
To be considered for this varied and challenging role is envisaged that the successful candidate will be a suitably qualified and experienced all round BMS Engineer with a strong technical understanding of building management systems, integration to third party systems, HVAC plant and applications, realistically qualified to at least HND level or above in a relevant engineering discipline and ideally electrically biased with at least 5 years' experience of Trend Controls essential (preferably to Trend Expert level) and Schneider experience proving distinctly advantageous.
With a strong understanding and knowledge of control panel design, manufacture, design and testing, you will also demonstrate site experience and familiarity with the installation and testing requirements of BMS control systems and associated control devices including communication networks, communication protocols, field wiring and field devices. You will demonstrate practical experience of control system commissioning, tuning and trouble shooting along with a strong background in the operation, functionality, and interrogation of BMS supervisor servers and workstations, including graphics page management, dynamic graphics, alarm management and recorded data analysis, and a strong background in management level, device level and field level communications networks. Core responsibilities will include (but not be limited to)
- Preparing design information and tender documentation including BMS network schematics, BMS plant schematics including field device locations. BMS points lists and schedules, BMS sequence of operation descriptions for performance and functional design specifications, BMS materials and workmanship specifications.
- Estimating costs for the entire BMS System including controller and peripherals selection, control panels, electrical installation, software engineering and commissioning, etc.
- Preparing BMS control panel drawings for drafting by the CAD team, checking of drawings to ensure they meet project requirements.
- Designing and modifying Trend Strategy and associated Trend 963/IQVision front end graphics.
- Representing the company at meetings with clients and contractors and performing site surveys, inspections and monitoring site works.
- Carrying out on-site inspections of BMS installations and witnessing of BMS control functionality and report writing.
- Providing advice on appropriate control strategies for building services systems and application of the latest Building Energy Management technologies.
- Maintaining records and archives to company standards.
- Developing in-house technical standards, details and specifications.