£24,946 + generous overtime + £1k bonus + benefits including 33 days holiday + 5% matched pension.
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire
Description: Junior trainee assistant multi skilled maintenance required by our automation solutions provider to learn all aspects of materials handling maintenance and become an engineer in the future.
Our client is recognized as one of the UK’s market leaders in the area of automated materials handling solutions, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now looking to recruit a junior and enthusiastic multi skilled junior assistant maintenance engineer to complement their existing professional team.
The site operates on a 24/7 basis necessitating working on a 3-shift basis (earlier, lates and nights) basis and it is envisaged that the successful candidate will be qualified to at least C&G or above in a relevant engineering discipline and be eager to obtain additional qualifications and training.
With the company priding itself on the high-quality service it provides to its’ customer, it is essential that they now recruit a committed and highly professional maintenance engineer to ensure conveyors, cranes and other materials handling equipment are maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands. Reporting to the Site Supervisor, core responsibilities for this electrically biased multi discipline shift maintenance position will include:
- Assisting with reactive and PPM maintenance on automated crane and materials handling systems
- Assist with Facilities maintenance activities on both site buildings and associated equipment in accordance with relevant H&S legislation
- Monitoring the operation and ensuring stoppages are dealt with promptly.
- Assisting the site manager with any safety issues which may arise.
- Using the computerised system to monitor site activity.
- Advising customers of any stock related issues
- Promoting any enhancements or additions required via correct channels.
- Provide cover alongside other team members for holidays and sickness.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated aspiring maintenance engineer of the future to join a team responsible for the ongoing efficiency of fully automated cranes and materials handling systems, and to considered for this exciting position, you will demonstrate a relevant recognized qualification (at least C&G or above), a strong electrical background, experience of working at heights and of working both autonomously and as part of a team. A full UK driving licence is essential for the position.