c£25k to £28k neg dep exp + benefits + training
Description: Enthusiastic graduate electrical design engineer required to learn all aspects of electrical engineering associated with the materials handling sector. A great opportunity with a true market leader!
Our client is part of a group that has been established for more than 150 years and specialise in a range of bespoke engineering and material handling activities and solutions, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing commitment to strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and self-motivated Graduate Electrical Design Engineer to be based at their Leeds operation and complement their diverse and professional team.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate (whilst undertaking “on the job training”) will be responsible for assisting the engineering team with a range of duties including (but not limited to):
- Producing design layouts and manufacturing drawings for the individual requirements of cranes and material handling applications
- Undertaking calculations in line with recognised standards as required
- Producing purchase specification and liaise with suppliers
- Reviewing and checking 'in-house' and 'outsourced' detail drawing work
- Adhering to the design review process.
- Assisting with the delivery of projects in line with customer requirements and business cost, quality and programme targets
- Attending Customer sites when necessary and appropriate training courses as required
You will be responsible for the completion of all necessary paperwork as instructed in order to gain the required security clearance to work at certain customer sites outside of the main base/location and this paperwork must be completed within the time frame given and clearance must be attained as part of this role, so excellent written and oral communication skills are essential for the position, as is the ability to obtain the necessary security clearance as required.
You will also contribute to the performance of technical content of project to time, budget and quality and liaise closely with the production, procurement, installation and commissioning teams ensure the successful delivery of projects you are working on.
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will be qualified to degree level (Minimum B/TEC Level 3 National Diploma) in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, and you will essentially be committed to undertaking a structured training programme directed by the organisation and eager to successfully achieve desired results and career progression. You will demonstrate excellent IT Skills including Autocad Electrical 019, with knowledge or experience of medium to heavy engineering through practical achievements to date proving distinctly advantageous.