to c£40k neg dep exp + benefits
Location: Milton Keynes
Description: Enthusiastic and experienced project design engineer required to follow a range of automation and MHE projects from conceptual design using Inventor through to project delivery and customer handover.
Our client has been established for more than half a century and specialise in the installation and support of conveyor and materials handling solutions for clients throughout the world, and as a result of continued success and an exciting program of strategic growth for 2022 and beyond, are now seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Project Design Engineer to complement their motivated and professional team.
Reporting to the Design and Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will support both pre and post sales activity by providing project design support on a range of conveyor and material handling related projects, overseeing project designs from concept through to detailed design and BOM creation.
Core responsibilities for this varied and challenging role will include (but not be limited to):
- Providing design and specification support within the pre-sales phase, creating drawings to enable effective pricing
- Completing material flow analysis to enable concept designs
- Creating both 2D/3D drawings
- Automating BOM creation from Inventor
- Completing Design Risk Assessments to enable CE Declaration of Conformity, and for handover documentation.
- Completion of Functional Specification Documentation (FDS)
- Building and developing the standard parts library’s via iLogic, iParts, iAssemblies and developing standard engineering items (brackets, estop assemblies, cable trunking, etc.) utilising CAD and Vault PDM.
- Building and maintaining a knowledge base of systems, concepts and interfaces.
- Project engineering functions will include site surveys, project meetings and technical point of contact for project specific design and maintaining close customer engagement throughout the design lifecycle of the project, as well as liaising with multi-disciplinary teams (controls, electrical, projects) to ensure seamless design progression.
To be considered for this exceptional opportunity it is envisaged that the successful candidate will be qualified to at least HND level or above in a relevant engineering discipline and demonstrate previous experience in the design of related conveyor components with knowledge of best practice in engineering design (inc. calculations) BS8888:2020, Machinery Directive, EN12100 and Functional Safety (IEC).
You will be proficient in the use of ‘Autodesk Inventor’ or an equivalent 3D CAD package and Vault along with demonstrable knowledge and experience of project management best practices. You will be skilled in performing simulation calculations for throughput analysis, motor / drive sizing and general first principal engineering calculations (structural, machine elements and dynamics) and possess excellent communication skills to allow you to attend customer meetings, site surveys and design reviews.