Location: West Midlands base - UK wide coverage
Description: Experienced Senior Maintenance Project Manager required to coordinate maintenance support within busy automated distribution centre environments across the UK.
Salary: To c£55k neg dep exp plus vehicle plus benefits
Our client specialises in the provision of bespoke automation and materials handling solutions to some of the biggest names in the UK, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing planned program of strategic expansion, they are now seeking to recruit an articulate, dynamic and highly self-motivated and experienced Senior Maintenance Project Manager to complement their established and successful team.
The successful candidate will be tasked with providing engineering management resource to support the Business-as-Usual Engineering function, overseeing equipment maintenance and support for both new and existing automated warehousing and distribution centre sites around the UK.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Automation and maintenance engineering support.
- Planning and engagement with site / suppliers for annual LCRP (Life Cycle Replacement Programs)
- Developing 5-year LCRPs with 3rd party suppliers
- Problem area identification and resolution by Designing/Engineering Out.
- Providing Out of hours support for issues arising as part of escalation process
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Engineering / Systems weekly reporting for responsible sites
To be considered for this varied and challenging role you will ideally be HND qualified or above in a relevant engineering related discipline and will demonstrate a proven maintenance engineering background allied to materials handling systems and automation projects including control systems.
You will possess strong analytical skills and the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a multiskilled team, and will be comfortable in working closely in a customer facing environment with internal and external contacts, so exceptional communication skills at all levels are essential for the position. You will also need to be flexible to travel throughout the UK and some periods of site working will be expected and therefore a full driving licence is essential for the position.