Location: Kingston Upon Hull, East Yorkshire
Description: Multi skilled shift maintenance professional required to undertake PPM and reactive breakdown repair activities on a range of automated systems and special purpose materials handling equipment.
Salary: £ excellent basic + generous shift premium + exceptional additional benefits and overtime
Our client is recognized as one of the UK’s market leaders in the area of automated materials handling solutions, and as a result of continued success and recent positive internal restructuring, they are now looking to recruit a multi discipline shift maintenance professional to complement their established and successful existing team.
Working on a rotating 8 hour shift basis (6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm and 10pm to 6am Monday to Friday), the site operates on a 24 hr basis five days a week, and with the company priding itself on the high quality service it provides to it’s customers across the country, it is essential that they now recruit a similarly committed and highly professional maintenance team member to ensure equipment is maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands. With this in mind, occasional weekend overtime for both PPM and reactive maintenance activities may sometimes be required.
Core responsibilities for this electrically biased, multi disciplined shift maintenance position will include:
- Conducting reactive and PPM maintenance on automated cranes and conveyor systems
- Facilities maintenance activities on both site buildings and associated equipment
- Monitoring the operation and ensuring stoppage issues are dealt with promptly
- Assisting the site manager with any safety issues which may arise
- Using the computerised system to monitor site activity
- Advising customers of any stock related issues
- Promoting any enhancements or additions required via correct channels
- Provide cover alongside other team members for holidays and sickness
This is an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic and self motivated maintenance engineer to join a team responsible for the ongoing efficiency of fully automated cranes and conveyor systems that handle thousands of items per day. To be considered for this exciting position, you will demonstrate a relevant recognized qualification, a strong electrical and mechanical background, experience of working at heights and also of working safely both autonomously and as part of a team.