Location: West Midlands
Description: Experienced Quality Inspector with demonstrable experience gained within the fasteners sector required by our established and highly professional client.
Salary: to c£30k neg dep exp + benefits + overtime
Our client has been established for more than a decade and specialise in the manufacture and service of a range of bespoke fastener solutions to clients across the world.
As a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Quality Inspector professional to complement their established and successful team.
Based in the West Midlands and reporting to the Quality Manager, the successful candidate will work as part of the Quality team tasked with ensuring that products manufactured and supplied by the company both meet and exceed customers’ requirements, and will maintain quality records and work fully to the guidelines set out in the company’s quality system.
Core responsibilities for this varied and challenging role will include (but not be limited to) :
- Inspection of incoming Stock and goods being sent to or returned from Subcontract Suppliers
- Inspection of machined items, to include first off, patrol and final inspection.
- Final inspection of goods, before despatch to the customer
- Providing cover and support to other members of the Quality Department
- Ensuring own safety and that of others and complying with all relevant H&S requirements
- Ensuring PPE is worn when required and reporting any accident, near miss, hazard, defect or ill health immediately.
To be considered for this exceptional opportunity within a stable and progressive environment, the successful candidate will essentially demonstrate previous fastener experience, as well as proven skills in using thread gauges, micrometres, thread micrometres and shadowgraph equipment. You will demonstrate knowledge of inspection techniques and experience of accurately maintaining quality records with a good level of education and computer skills.