Location: Commutable from Coventry, Rugby and Warwick
Description: Experienced Project Manager required to relocate an established and highly successful manufacturing operation to a prestigious new purpose built facility.
Salary: to c£65k neg dep exp + ben
Our client, established for more than a century and renowned globally as a market leader in their specialist field, is now actively seeking to recruit an experienced, self-motivated, dynamic and proactive Project Manager to complement their highly motivated team and oversee all aspects of their exciting site relocation to a prestigious new 50,000 sq ft purpose built manufacturing facility.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the successful candidate will assist the Operations Director in the relocation of an established factory operation and oversee all aspects of project management of the move from start to finish with the role offering complete autonomy in the creation, execution and delivery of plans and subsequent major new capital projects for the facility. Core responsibilities for this varied and extremely challenging Project Manager role will include (but not be limited to):
- The creation, execution and delivery of the plan for the factory relocation
- Implementation of defined capex projects and identification of future projects
- Applying robust project management techniques to manage the project effectively
- Having full responsibility for the site move project from end to end.
- Creating a project team with the relevant functions in order to get buy in and communicating milestones as required
- Delivering non-technical work packages to prepare the business for technology insertion, on time and within budget following a defined project management and governance process to ensure delivery excellence on Manufacturing Process Improvements, Manufacturing Cost Reduction, Business Process Re-Engineering and Change Management
- Delivering work packages from the resulting Transformation Roadmap which prepares the business for technology which will include Value Stream Mapping/VSM, Change management, Efficiency improvements and Process Re-engineering.
- Reporting to the Operations Director and senior management team throughout the lifecycle of the project, recommending disposal strategies as required
- Providing oversight throughout the lifecycle of the project, ensuring the project(s) are completed on time and delivers to the financial constraints
- Exercising judgment and project management skills to balance priorities and communicating to teams to meet and exceed project deadlines and commitments; whilst keeping internal and external stakeholders informed of projects and progress
- Demonstrating leadership and teamwork through active participation of on-site coordination of deliverables in time-sensitive situations in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
To be considered for this challenging and diverse opportunity within a recognised market leading organisation, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will demonstrate a proven track record in successful on time – within budget site relocation projects and be experienced in project delivery within an engineering / manufacturing environment. You will possess extensive knowledge and experience of lean start-up innovation and
related methodologies and adept in successfully managing Factory relocation and Capex Projects in a Manufacturing / Engineering / Process business. You will be highly articulate and able to clearly communicate complex solutions in a concise, simple and logical manner with the ability to shape business strategy and technology implementation programs.