Location: Northfleet, Kent
Description: Multi skilled shift Maintenance Engineer required to undertake both PPM and reactive maintenance and breakdown repair on a range of automated systems an materials handling solutions within a busy distribution centre arena.
Salary: £40,790 after probationary period + £1000 bonus + generous overtime, 33 days holiday and highly attractive pension scheme
Our client is recognized as one of the UK’s market leaders in the area of automated materials handling solutions, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now looking to recruit a multi discipline, electrically biased shift maintenance engineer to complement their established and successful team.
The site operates on a 24/7 basis and the role itself is a 4 on 4 off 12 hour shift role (2 days and 2 nights on, 4 off), and with the company priding itself on the high quality service it provides to it’s customers across the country, it is essential that they now recruit a similarly committed and highly professional multi skilled electrically biased maintenance engineer to ensure equipment is maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands.
Reporting to the Site Support Manager and working as part of a team of 5 engineers, core responsibilities for this electrically biased shift maintenance position will include:
- Conducting reactive and PPM maintenance on automated cranes and chain and roller conveyor systems
- Monitoring the operation and ensuring stoppages are dealt with promptly
- Assisting the site manager with any safety issues which may arise
- Using the computerised GUI system to monitor site activity
- Advising customers of any stock related issues
- Promoting any enhancements or additions required via correct channels
- Provide cover alongside other team members for holidays and sickness
This is an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated electrically biased maintenance engineer to join a team responsible for the ongoing efficiency of fully automated cranes and conveyor systems that handle more than 50,000 pallets per month. To be considered for this exciting position, you will demonstrate a relevant recognized qualification, a strong electrical background and experience of working at heights and of working both autonomously and as part of a team.