Location: Oldham, Greater Manchester
Description: Interim / Fixed 12 months (possible to extend) Shift Maintenance Engineer vacancy working within a busy automated warehouse and distribution centre.
Salary: c£39,800 (incl. shift premium) increasing to c£41k after probationary period + generous benefits, overtime and 33 days holiday
Fixed Term / Interim – to November 2020 (12 months + scope to extend)
Our client is recognized as one of the UK’s market leaders in the area of automated materials handling solutions, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now looking to recruit an interim / fixed term multi discipline maintenance engineer to complement their existing professional team in a plant enhancement project.
With the company priding itself on the high quality service it provides to its’ customer, it is essential that they now recruit a similarly committed and highly professional maintenance engineer to ensure a range of materials handling equipment is maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands.
Reporting to the site support manager, core responsibilities for this multi discipline, mechanically biased shift maintenance position (4 on 4 off rotating) will include:
- Conducting reactive and PPM maintenance on automated materials handling equipment and cranes
- Facilities maintenance activities on both site buildings and associated equipment
- Monitoring the operation and ensuring stoppages are dealt with promptly
- Assisting the site manager with any safety issues which may arise
- Using the CMMS system to monitor site activity
- Advising customers of any stock related issues
- Promoting any enhancements or additions required via correct channels
- Provide cover alongside other team members for holidays and sickness
- Complying at all times with relevant H&S legislation and company policies
Working as part of a team, this is an exceptional opportunity for enthusiastic and self-motivated maintenance engineers to join a team responsible for the ongoing efficiency of an array of automated materials handling systems, and to considered for one of these varied and challenging positions, you will demonstrate relevant recognized qualifications, a strong multi discipline maintenance background, experience of working at heights and also of working both autonomously and as part of a team.