Location: Coventry, Warwickshire
Description: Experienced and highly capable Surface Grinder required by our niche sector tooling solutions specialist client.
Salary: to c£35k neg dep exp + benefits
Our client has been established for more than half a century and specialise in the production of bespoke cutting tools for a diverse range of applications and using specialist materials and techniques, supplying to numerous industry sectors throughout the world with consistently highest quality solutions.
As a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced, self-motivated and highly capable Surface Grinder to complement their established and professional team with demonstrable experience in the areas below:
- Operating manual machines, including surface grinders and/or universal grinders
- Working to tight tolerances with a high attention to detail
- Adapting to a change within the day to day tasks
- Working from mechanical drawings
- An apprenticeship in manual machining, with a focus on grinding, or over 5 years’ experience in the trade
- Manual grinding, operating & setting
- Setting machines in accordance with H&S regulations
- Use of measuring equipment
- Ability to understand & work to engineering drawings
- Experience of working with – Bench fitting, turning, surface grinding, milling, drilling, cylindrical grinding
- Ability to use inspection tools
Whilst the company’s core activities include Milling, Drilling and Reaming tools, they also supply all types of flat form and round shank tools ranging from basic modification work through to complex profile cutters, threading Inserts and even hand tools.
Do you have at least 3 years’ experience in the core areas above? Are you seeking a progressive move within an established, friendly and highly professional operation offering genuine scope to develop your career?