Location: Tamworth / Nuneaton / Burton on Trent / Sutton Coldfield / Staffordshire and surrounding region
Description: Mechanically biased Maintenance professionals required to undertake both PPM and reactive maintenance on a range of unique special purpose and heavy duty machinery.
Salary: c£30,000 neg + benefits + generous overtime (increases to £33k+ after training)
Our client is an internationally recognised household name in the world of leisure and entertainment, having been established for almost 70 years. As a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit a number of experienced and enthusiastic Mechanically biased Maintenance Engineers to complement their established and successful team.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidates will undertake a range of both Planned Preventative and reactive maintenance activities within the Rides Maintenance Team to ensure that all rides are safe and fully operational, and to maximise the performance, availability and reliability of the rides on an ongoing basis.
Based near Tamworth and working as part of a team, core responsibilities for these varied and challenging mechanical maintenance engineers roles will include (but not be limited to):
- Ensuring the highest standards of workmanship with regard to the maintenance and presentation of rides.
- Using initiative on a day to day basis in carrying out PPM and reactive maintenance across rides to support the success of the team and reliability of rides and working closely with the Operations Team to understand their needs implementing any necessary remedial actions to improve reliability and extend life expectancy of assets.
- Ensuring checks (daily, weekly and monthly) are carried out to a high standard to allow opening of rides within designated timescales and in accordance with manufacturers recommendations, supplementing these checks where viable to improve reliability and implement best practice. You will also be fully conversant with ride manuals to understand the extent of maintenance activities required
- Working with the Team Manager to obtain quotes for parts (day to day consumable and spares) ensuring demonstrable value for money and advising on the ordering of parts as required and to justify where necessary.
- Ensuring workshops, plantrooms and other areas associated with maintenance are kept to a high standard and that all tools and equipment have appropriate periodic inspections carried out with records available for audit purposes and that remedial items are acted upon in a timely manner, and that sufficient spares are held in stock to minimise downtime, replacing when stock levels are low on repeat items.
- As mechanical maintenance engineers, ensuring standard of works carried out is to an acceptable standard and through monitoring and auditing, address any concerns identified using knowledge to share learning and best practice and taking appropriate action as required to address poor standards or non- conformities.
- Assessing, justifying and implementing processes for improving daily/handover communication within the team and notifying the Team Manager immediately of any safety critical issues
- Ensuring the correct use of necessary PPE at all times and that all lock off procedures are followed.
- Supporting the Team Manager in assessing, justifying and implementing necessary training within the team as well as undertaking any training required as part of the role and as directed by the Team Manager.
- Making full use of the management system on Ride Maintenance (Mobaro) to identify and produce reports on rides and any recurring trends whilst proactively identifying works required within maintenance areas and carrying out periodic inspection and testing as required and producing associated relevant installation certification as required.
To be considered for these varied and challenging roles it is envisaged that the successful mechanical maintenance engineers will be qualified to at least NVQ Level 3 or above in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) and demonstrate a good understanding of fault diagnosis and repair. Previous training in Working at Heights, First Aid, H&S and MEWP / telehandler experience will also prove distinctly advantageous. Essentially, you will possess previous experience of stringent maintenance processes and systems and excellent communication skills at all levels, as well as the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within a fast-paced environment.
** The ability to work safely at heights is ESSENTIAL for this position **