Description: Multi skilled, electrically biased Shift Maintenance Engineer required to undertake PPM and reactive maintenance activities on an array of automated systems and materials handling equipment.
Salary: £28,500 + £500 bonus + Generous Overtime + 5% matched pension + 33 days holiday + genuine scope for career progression
Our client is recognized as one of the UK’s market leaders in the area of automated materials handling solutions, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now looking to recruit an electrically biased multi discipline shift maintenance engineer to complement their existing professional team.
The site operates on a 24/7 basis, and the client operates a 3 shift pattern (6-2 / 2-10 / 10-6 with a Saturday morning rota in place) and with the company priding itself on the high quality service it provides to its’ customer and the highest levels of Health and Safety commitment, it is essential that they now recruit a self-motivated and highly professional maintenance engineer to ensure conveyors, cranes and other materials handling equipment are maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands.
Core responsibilities for this electrically biased multi discipline shift maintenance position will include:
- Conducting reactive and PPM maintenance on automated crane systems
- Facilities maintenance activities on both site buildings and associated equipment
- Monitoring the operation and ensuring stoppages are dealt with promptly
- Assisting the site manager with any safety issues which may arise
- Using the CMMS computerised system to monitor site activity
- Advising customers of any stock related issues
- Promoting any enhancements or additions required via correct channels
- Provide cover alongside other team members for holidays and sickness
Working on a shift basis (a week “around” basis of earlies, then afternoons, then nights and then days before beginning the cycle again), this is an exceptional opportunity for an career progression motivated and enthusiastic maintenance engineer to join a team responsible for the ongoing efficiency of fully automated cranes and materials handling systems, and to be considered for this exciting position, you will demonstrate a relevant recognized qualification, a strong electrical background, experience of working at heights and also of working both autonomously and as part of a team.
** Closing date for applications 21st October **