Location: Warwickshire / West Midlands region
Description: Exceptional opportunity for a dynamic and self motivated Production and Manufacturing Management professional to make their mark within a globally renowned niche sector manufacturing market leader.
Salary: to c£50k neg dep exp + benefits
Our client has been established for more than a century and is renowned globally as a market leader in their specialist field. As a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are urgently seeking to recruit a highly self-motivated, proactive and dynamic Production Manager to lead the manufacturing function to achieve and exceed budgetary and output targets whilst meeting customer requirements and standards.
You will manage the team based around proven existing best practices and established standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading teams and will both implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principles by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes as necessary.
- The planning and coordinating of production schedules
- Contributing to the creation, implementation and sustainment of best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Identifying business improvement, methods and processes opportunities within the organisation and recommending capital projects to increase productivity and reduce costs
- Managing the production and achievement of required targets in line with customer specifications, meeting quality and delivery expectations, minimising costs where possible and ensure the required best working practices are maintained at all times
- Overseeing all aspects of plant production, financial performance, meeting customer requirements and maintaining the orderly and productive operation of planned activities and undertaking risk assessments within the department as appropriate
- Liaise with other departmental managers regarding throughput of stock to ensure production targets are met