Location: Winscombe, Somerset
Description: Multi skilled electrically biased Maintenance Engineer required to work within a team undertaking PPM and reactive maintenance activities on a range of automated systems and materials handling equipment.
Salary: £ excellent remuneration package + generous benefits
Our client is recognized as one of the UK’s market leaders in the area of automated materials handling solutions, and as their customers new site is nearing completion, they are now looking to recruit a multi discipline, electrically biased shift maintenance professional to complement a new operation.
The site will ultimately operate on a 24/7 basis (although it is envisaged that in the first 6 months it will be predominantly day working basis before the operation is fully operational). With the company priding itself on the highest levels of health and safety and the high quality service it provides to its’ customers across the country, it is essential that they now recruit a similarly committed and highly professional maintenance team member to ensure equipment is maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands.
Our client is rapidly growing so hours will be variable to meet the needs of the business that are likely to evolve into an “earlies, lates and nights rotating” basis. Core responsibilities for this multi skilled shift maintenance position will include but not limited to:
- Conducting reactive and PPM maintenance on automated pallet shuttles, conveyor and sortation systems and general materials handling equipment
- Facilities maintenance activities in both site buildings and associated production equipment as operational needs require
- Monitoring the operation and ensuring stoppages are dealt with promptly
- Assisting the clients site manager with any safety issues which may arise
- Using the computerised system to monitor site activity
- Advising customer of any stock related issues
- Promoting any enhancements or additions required via correct channels
- Provide cover alongside other team members for holidays and sickness
This is an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated maintenance engineer to join a team responsible for the ongoing efficiency of a fully automated pallet shuttle and conveyor system that will handle pallets through a busy operation. To be considered for this exciting position, you will demonstrate a relevant recognized qualification, a strong electrical background, experience of working at heights and also of working both autonomously and as part of a team within a fast moving automated facility.
In return, a mapped career progression path and excellent remuneration package are available. Are you looking for a fresh challenge within a world leading organization?