Location: Wednesbury, West Midlands
Description: Enthusiastic and experienced Health and Safety Coordinator required to assist an established and highly successful FMCG client in ensuring compliance and safe working practices across all areas.
Salary: to c£26k neg dep exp + benefits
Our client is a market leader in the food packaging sector and supply household name retailers on a global basis. As a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Health & Safety Coordinator to complement their established and professional team.
Based in the West Midlands and reporting to the Site Manager, the successful candidate will assist the business in its’ commitment to H&S and offer practical advice on measures that need to be undertaken to ensure compliance relating to the health and safety of employees, contractors, visitors or any persons who may be affected by the business acts or omissions. Core responsibilities for this varied and challenging role will include (but not be limited to):
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing health and safety strategies, policies, procedures, risk assessments and safe working practices and ensuring the provision of clear, consistent, relevant and timely health, safety and welfare advice, guidance and operational support on all health and safety matters
- Promoting a positive H&S culture and improving performance and taking an active part in projects or initiatives that will improve H&S
- Responding to any safety concerns raised internally or externally
- Liaising with the HSE and any other 3rd Party on all H&S matters
- Managing and further developing the safety management system
- Assisting in the identification of training needs and delivering training as required
- Supporting managers in the carrying out of risk assessments where required
- Ensuring a practical communication framework is in place to facilitate the flow of H&S information company-wide
- Undertaking audits and conducting workplace inspections to proactively identify where health & safety practices may be improved
- Investigating or supporting investigations into circumstances or causes of accidents and taking necessary steps to prevent reoccurrence, and analysing accident, incident and hazard reporting statistics and recommending intervention strategies
- Preparing health and safety reports and statistical performance data as required
To be considered for this exciting opportunity with an internationally renowned market leader, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will demonstrate at least 3 years’ experience of working within a relevant H&S role gained within an FMCG or Manufacturing environment and possess at least a NEBOSH General Certificate but ideally working towards NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) with a proactive, forward thinking approach to Health and Safety and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business.