Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire
Description: Junior Assistant Maintenance Engineer required to join and be mentored by a structured and professional multi disciplinary maintenance team.
Salary: to £23,300 + overtime + generous benefits + bonus
Our client is recognized as one of the UK’s market leaders in the area of materials handling solutions, and as a result of an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now looking to recruit a Junior Assistant Maintenance Engineer to join their existing established engineering team.
The site operates on a 24/7 basis, and with the company priding itself on the high-quality service it provides to its’ customers across the country, it is essential that they now recruit a committed and enthusiastic junior assistant maintenance engineer to ensure equipment is maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands. Reporting to the Site Engineering Team Leader, core responsibilities for the Junior Assistant Maintenance Engineer will include:
- Recovering errors on all automated systems including cranes, conveyors, robot and sortation equipment
- Working as part of a team carrying out basic proactive planned preventative and reactive breakdown maintenance activities.
- Assisting engineers with fault finding and operational support activities
- Supporting activities with company products and systems in response to customer requirements.
- Adhering to the various quality, KPI and Continuous Improvement reporting systems with Health and Safety being a core value.
- Following escalation procedures
- Adhering to all health and Safety requirements.
You must be able to work on a shift basis – with the pattern being as follows:
WEEK 1 - 7 nights on (Friday night 10 hours – Saturday and Sunday 12 hours - Monday to Thursday 9 hours) followed by 3 days off.
WEEK 2 - 5 lates (Monday to Thursday – 8 hours and Friday 7 hours) followed by 2 days off
WEEK 3 - 7 earlies (Monday to Friday – 7 hours and Saturday and Sunday – 12 hours) followed by 11 days off.
It is envisaged that successful candidates will be qualified to at least C&G level or above in a relevant electrical engineering or technical discipline and demonstrate at least 1 year of experience gained within a technical commercial environment. You will also be comfortable in working at heights.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated junior assistant maintenance engineer to join a team responsible for the ongoing efficiency of fully automated conveyor and sortation systems that handle thousands of pallets per day and to join an established and successful team within a modern working environment along with excellent development opportunities, mapped career progression path and excellent remuneration package being available.