Location: Burnley, Lancashire
Description: Experienced, dynamic and proactive senior continuous improvement specialist required by our globally renowned market leading aerospace solutions provider.
Salary: to £55k + generous benefits package
Our globally renowned client is recognised as the market leader in aerospace systems integration and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, are now seeking to recruit an experienced Continuous Improvement Business Partner within their aerospace manufacturing operation.
The position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in a range of designated business units, serving as a consultant to the management team on all continuous improvement-related topics, and includes the delivery and support to complex projects within the designated business area. The successful candidate will:
- partner with specific business areas (Value Chains) to create an Operational Excellence plan which delivers a lean based continuous improvement capability
- Align & prioritise lean and continuous improvement initiatives & project objectives for the business area ensuring there is no overlap or conflict of local improvements with wider transformational objectives
- Working with functional leaders to deliver & report progress of the Operational Excellence plan consisting of a portfolio of process foundation & improvement activities
- Run ‘events & workshops' to establish & embed lean flow cells to promote problem solving & learning capabilities
- Oversee the co-ordination of projects within the unit & adopt a PMO approach to management & delivery to ensure sustainability in the long term
- Deliver a success-based Operational Excellence scorecard which provides visual management & tracking of continuous improvement projects ongoing within the unit
- Work with vertical functional leaders to establish continuous improvement goals & act as a liaison with finance to build improvement budgets & validate actual improvement results
- Scope, plan & coach Green/Black Belts with Lean Six Sigma project-based improvement when appropriate
- Deliver complex projects within the business unit as and when required
- Effect change by influencing operational teams to adopt lean concepts such as 5s, QRQC, A3, PDCA, standard work, DMAIC, problem solving, visual management & the creation of lean flow cells in their daily work
- Support the cultural shift to becoming a lean, problem solving organisation with continuous improvement at its heart
- Work closely with the CI Director to adopt & embed the relevant process disciplines to comply with & maintain chosen quality certifications including EN9100
To be considered for this varied and challenging role, the successful candidate will be flexible to travel as required to other company sites and will essentially demonstrate previous experience working in a project management/continuous improvement function. With strong leadership skills & the ability to lead direct & indirect teams (matrix management), you will possess the ability to navigate through challenging situations and reach collaborative solutions. With proven experience of working with colleagues across Europe in French or a desire to learn, you will demonstrate previous success in delivering sustained business improvements in operational environments and be able to both understand and utilise data to drive informed decisions for process measurement systems.
Essentially Six Sigma Master Black Belt qualified, you will possess the ability to both test and challenge current thinking & formulate new practices and policies, along with exceptional oral & written English communication skills that will ensure effective training & coaching of individuals & teams from senior leaders to team members. With comprehensive experience of working with quality standards in an aerospace or automotive environment you will have demonstrable professional credibility & solid ethics, evidenced by experience of sound judgment & decision-making, and a deep understanding, practice & qualification of the recognised techniques & methodologies associated with process & change.