Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Description: Experienced and enthusiastic Quality and Environmental Engineering professional required to develop and maintain the stringent quality and environmental aspects of a highly successful niche sector supplying to an array of customers globally.
Salary: £35k + benefits
Our client originated more than half a century ago and are recognised as a market leader in the niche electroplating on plastics sector for supply to a diverse range of clients and industry sectors throughout the UK.
As a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth for 2019, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Quality and Environmental Engineer with experience gained within the Automotive sector to complement their established and highly professional manufacturing team.
Based near Birmingham and working Monday to Friday (8am to 4.30pm), the successful candidate will be tasked with performing a range of duties that will include (but not be limited to):
- Responsibility for developing and maintaining the environmental aspects of the business
- Developing audit systems to ensure compliance and training the team accordingly to ensure requirements are maintained, including the development, creation and introduction of visual aids or other inspection aids as appropriate as well as delivering training of all quality related subjects to the workforce
- Ensuring readiness and managing external environmental audits
- Ensuring requirements of the company Quality Policy and quality objectives are met
- Reporting performance of the QMS and any needs or opportunities for improvements
- Reporting and investigating any instances of non-conformance
- Integrating customer standards into the QMS as required
- Development, issue and maintenance of inspection standards
- Extensive liaison with customers on quality issues
- Supplier liaison and responsibility for the control of supplier approval and monitoring supplier performance
- Liaison with other managers on quality related issuesTo be considered for this varied and challenging role, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will be fully proficient in the production of PPAP’s to the highest standards in line with customer expectations, with comprehensive knowledge and experience of quality and environmental systems gained within a busy automotive production environment
- With proven knowledge and experience of IATF 16969 / ISO90001 / ISO 14001 / VDA 6.3 / SPC / PPAP / FMEA, you will be an excellent communicator at all levels with both internal and external customers with strong planning and prioritising skills and the ability to present data effectively whilst working both autonomously and as part of a busy team. Experience as a trained IATF auditor, and of VDA 6.3 and PSB (Product Safety Representative) will prove distinctly advantageous although are not essential.