Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Description: Multi skilled Maintenance Team Leader required to coordinate and support the activities of a multidisciplinary team within a busy automated distribution centre environment.
Salary: to £37,300 + call out allowance + generous overtime + pension and benefits
Our client is recognized as one of the UK’s market leaders in the area of automated materials handling solutions, and as a result of recent positive internal restructuring, they are now looking to recruit an experienced multi discipline maintenance team leader to complement their established and successful existing team.
The site operates on a 24/7 basis, and with the company priding itself on the highest quality service it provides to its’ customers across the country, it is essential that they now recruit a similarly committed and highly professional maintenance team leader to ensure equipment is maintained to the highest standards and the systems meet the required demands.
Working on a Monday to Friday – 8am to 4pm basis and reporting to the Site Engineering and Facilities Manager, core responsibilities for this multi skilled shift maintenance team leader position will include:
- Assisting the Site Engineering & Facilities Manager with any H&S issues that may arise
- Complying with current QA procedures and documentation
- Organising and implementing the site service schedule
- Monitoring site equipment performance and producing KPI reports and monitoring stock control, reporting any shortages (spares & consumables) as necessary and advising the customer of any stock related issues
- Providing cover and site support for the team if any engineers are off site
- Providing occasional shift or sickness cover for the site engineering team
- Organising the engineer's hours / staff and shift Rota / holiday requests
- Monitoring the site operation and ensuring stoppages are dealt with promptly
- Undertaking the PPM service and repair of mechanical handling equipment on site on a day to day basis alongside the site engineers
- Carrying out weekly audits of additional tasks and servicing
This is an exceptional opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-motivated maintenance team leader to join a team responsible for the ongoing efficiency of 10 fully automated cranes and conveyor systems that handle more than 70,000 pallets per month. To be considered for this exciting position, you will demonstrate a relevant recognized qualification, a strong electrical background, experience of working at heights and also of working both autonomously and as part of a team.