Location: Castle Donington, East Midlands
Description: Experienced and proactive Production Shift Leader required by our niche sector FMCG market leader.
Salary: to c£30k + benefits
Our client is a highly successful niche FMCG sector manufacturing market leader who are now seeking to recruit a dynamic, proactive and experienced Production Shift Leader to complement their established and rapidly expanding professional team that supply highest quality products to customers throughout the world.
Based in the East Midlands in Castle Donington and reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidate will work on a weekly rotating shift pattern (6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm) and be responsible for leading a fast paced shift operation which consists of up to three production lines and a workforce of up to 40 employees (including 4 team leader direct reports), ensuring the efficient and cost-effective production of a full range of products as well as the associated compliance to relevant H&S legislation and consistent product quality is achieved. The successful candidate will undertake a range of activities that will include (but not be limited to)
- Ensuring all H&S procedures are adhered to by all production staff
- Mentoring, developing and reviewing team leaders through monthly performance appraisals to ensure targets are met and to improve engagement on the shop floor, and ensuring they are achieving the standard work menu daily, and managing non-conformance accordingly
- Managing the labour plan for the week including dealing with absence and holiday cover.
- Managing production related KPI’s including weekly feedback to Operations and Production management and both fostering and developing a continuous improvement culture on the shop floor
- Ensuring daily BOM audits are conducted by team leaders and findings recorded
- Liaising with senior stock controller on any material delivery discrepancies to ensure continuous flow in production
- Completing the standard work menu issued by the production manager on a daily basis and ensuring production plan adherence is achieved through liaison with the planning team to ensure job priorities are met.
- Liaising with the quality team to ensure product quality is at the desired level and establish containment actions when required, and liaise with despatch to ensure 100% despatch adherence assuming all materials are available.
- Supporting the production manager in reviewing hourly targets to identify potential issues and opportunities, and conducting time studies if required to ensure correct cycle times are in place for each product.
- Supporting the operations manager in continuous improvement initiatives which look to improve product quality and OEE and achieve production KPI targets
- Conducting daily team briefs/tool box talks with production teams to improve engagement and information flow.
To be considered for this varied and challenging role it is envisaged that the successful candidate will demonstrate an excellent knowledge of health and safety procedures as well as proven exceptional team management and leadership skills, and a good understanding of quality processes including effective tool control procedure. You will possess a good understanding of MRP and systems and be able to effectively manage individuals through the formal disciplinary procedures when required as well as effectively plan labour and liaise with agencies to ensure teams are fully structured for each shift. You will be a confident communicator at all levels and will be both self motivated as well as able to motivate others, and be a hands on team player who puts team objectives ahead of personal interests with strong attention to detail and organisational skills.