Location: Castle Donington, East Midlands
Description: Enthusiastic Production Team Leader / Line Leader required for a busy FMCG manufacturing client with customers across the world.
Salary: to £22,330 + benefits
Our client is a highly successful niche FMCG sector manufacturing market leader who are now seeking to recruit a dynamic, proactive and experienced Production Team Leader / Line Leader to complement their established and rapidly expanding professional team that supply to customers throughout the world.
Based in the East Midlands in Castle Donington and reporting to the Production Shift Leader, the successful candidate will work on a weekly rotating shift pattern (6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm – with flexibility to also work on the 10pm to 6am shift when required) and be responsible for leading a shift operation which consists of a single production line and a workforce of between 11 and 14 employees, ensuring the efficient and cost-effective production of a full range of products.
You will demonstrate at least 2 years previous experience of working within a fast-paced high-volume Manufacturing / FMCG environment in a Team Leader or Supervisory capacity and will possess excellent people management, motivational and leadership skills and the ability to influence and guide teams to achieve and exceed performance targets on a consistent basis.
In addition, you will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing methodologies, with the ability to understand production processes including some mechanical knowledge of automated special purpose machinery, materials handling and packaging equipment and the ability to assess production procedures and recommend improvements, as well as being able to adjust to changing demands to ensure that quality and production deadlines are met in a safe manner.
Other day to day responsibilities for the role will include:
- Ensuring all agreed production outputs are met in each manufacturing cell.
- Ensuring all products comply with the quality requirements of the business.
- Supporting activities to ensure efficiency, costs, waste, safety, quality via the use of Lean Tools and Techniques.
- Supporting Production or Cell meetings and providing output data as required, so a good level of IT literacy and the ability to generate basic reports and understand KPI’s is essential for the position.
- Monitoring the volume and quality of output - and adjusting tasks, timing, equipment set up, or inputs so that production specifications are met, and resources are used efficiently.
- Ensuring compliance to H&S, security, quality, cost and delivery and responsiveness requirements of the shift.