Location: Staffordshire / Warwickshire border
Description: Multi skilled electrically biased Service Engineer professional required to undertake maintenance and installation activities across a range of special purpose machinery and equipment.
Salary: to c£40k + van + genuinely exceptional benefits!
Our globally renowned client has been established for almost a century and are specialist solution providers of innovative technologies and processes for water and wastewater treatment to an array of end users throughout the world. As a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, self-motivated, experienced and electrically biased Service Engineer to complement their established and professional team.
Tasked with problem solving and providing support in the installation, commissioning and servicing of on-site water purification and water disinfection systems both domestically and internationally, the successful candidate will be responsible for a range of duties that will include (but not be limited to):
- Managing sub-contractors and assisting with all aspects of installation, commissioning and start-up, diagnosing system operation and / or mechanical problems and providing problem resolution to assure product quality assurance and quality control, as well as responding to after hours call outs as required by specific customer contracts
- Recommending correct procedures in the dismantling of customer equipment in a safe and professional manner
- Delivering training courses to internal and external customers and in-house staff
- Provides interface between Customer’s engineering and field operations personnel and Company engineering
- Controlling and monitoring service costs and schedules to meet contractual commitments and coordinating purchasing and scheduling activities of equipment deliveries for installation
- Witnessing FAT for the purchased equipment and providing inspections and sign-off of proper installation of equipment, and attending Performance Testing to obtain Client Approval
- Writing field service work-orders and maintaining records of field directed changes to the installation of equipment for billing purposes.
- Maintaining accurate purchase, inventory and installation records and both reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, technical manuals and diagrams
- Adhering to all company health and safety procedures as required
To be considered for this varied and challenging role, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will essentially demonstrate relevant mechanical or electrical engineering qualifications along with extensive knowledge of mechanical and electrical installation, including but not limited to water softeners, HVAC, plumbing, low and & medium voltage switchgear, and PLC / HMI software along with comprehensive knowledge of the major engineering standards, electrical codes and regulations. Experience in the operation of specialty tools, meters and gauges required for monitoring and testing systems, including chemical test kits will prove distinctly advantageous, as will previous domestic and international travel experience gained within a service or commissioning role.