Location: Warwickshire / West Midlands border
Description: Experienced Senior Applications Engineering professional required to interface between customers, the solutions design team and the technical sales function within a niche sector manufacturing specialist environment.
Salary: to c£45k neg dep exp + benefits
Our client has been established for more than a century and are renowned globally as a market leader in their specialist field. As a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are urgently seeking to recruit a highly self-motivated, proactive and dynamic Senior Applications Engineer to join a customer focussed technical sales and support team.
Based in the West Midlands, the role provides applications and technical support to both new and existing internal and external customers, ensuring the proper selection and recommendation of technical solutions that best fit the needs of individual customers. Such support can include extensive liaison with customers both during and after product selection, as well as providing technical input to new product development validation activities, analysing performance data for enhancements or changes to products and undertaking customer site visits as required.
As the position is business critical in sustaining existing customer business as well as developing beneficial relationships with new customers, a significant element of the position is to maintain and create strong customer relationships throughout the sales cycle, and therefore exceptional communication and influencing skills are essential for the role. Core responsibilities for this varied and challenging position will include (but not be limited to):
- Processing customer enquiries from initial receipt and providing technical ratings and outline mechanical designs for the company’s product portfolio, working closely with Supply Chain personnel and specifying any bought-out components as required.
- Identifying and providing reliable solutions for all technical issues to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process, and establishing the feasibility and cost effectiveness of solutions through liaison with the Design Engineering and Operations (Manufacturing Engineering) departments.
- Assisting in the development of new products, coordinating with the New Product Development team to establish development protocols (DVP&R) and material usage (PMI) and establishing product costs by reference to price lists, standard cost data and bought in component costs
- Preparing technical inputs for the quoting process and relaying these to the Commercial team, including ratings, outline designs (general arrangements), and cost estimates, and preparing associated contract review documents on receipt of an order and producing a PPER document for subsequent processing.
- Establishing technical rapport with customers and maintaining accurate records of target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence in the ERP system whilst identifying potential addition customer needs and sales opportunities to help future growth of the business.
To be considered for this technically unique and exciting opportunity, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will demonstrate a commercial and ambitious mindset with a strong focus on driving improved business processes and products, whilst being able to effectively communicate, coordinate and collaborate across all business functions. Realistically you will be qualified to at least HND or Degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant mechanical or manufacturing engineering discipline, with at least 10 years’ experience in a mechanical or heavy industrial equipment manufacturing environment. Knowledge of heat transfer and diesel engines will prove distinctly advantageous, as will proven experience of PFMEA/DFMEA, a solid understanding of basic manufacturing processes such as stamping, welding, brazing, machining and functional knowledge of Solidworks, AutoCad or similar design tools