Location: Tamworth / Nuneaton / Burton on Trent / Coleshill / Lichfield / Sutton Coldfield and surrounding region
Salary: c£31k + benefits
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidates will undertake a range of both Planned Preventative and reactive maintenance activities within the Rides Maintenance Team to ensure that all rides are safe and fully operational, and to maximise the performance, availability and reliability of the rides on an ongoing basis.
- Ensuring the highest standards of workmanship with regard to the maintenance and presentation of rides.
- Using initiative on a day to day basis in carrying out PPM and reactive maintenance across rides to support the success of the team and reliability of rides and working closely with the Operations Team to understand their needs implementing any necessary remedial actions to improve reliability and extend life expectancy of assets.
- Ensuring checks (daily, weekly and monthly) are carried out to a high standard to allow opening of rides within designated timescales and in accordance with manufacturers recommendations, supplementing these checks where viable to improve reliability and implement best practice. You will also be fully conversant with ride manuals to understand the extent of maintenance activities required
- Working with the Team Manager to obtain quotes for parts (day to day consumable and spares) ensuring demonstrable value for money and advising on the ordering of parts as required and to justify where necessary.
- Ensuring workshops, plantrooms and other areas associated with maintenance are kept to a high standard and that all tools and equipment have appropriate periodic inspections carried out with records available for audit purposes and that remedial items are acted upon in a timely manner, and that sufficient spares are held in stock to minimise downtime, replacing when stock levels are low on repeat items.
- As mechanical maintenance engineers, ensuring standard of works carried out is to an acceptable standard and through monitoring and auditing, address any concerns identified using knowledge to share learning and best practice and taking appropriate action as required to address poor standards or non- conformities.
- Assessing, justifying and implementing processes for improving daily/handover communication within the team and notifying the Team Manager immediately of any safety critical issues
- Ensuring the correct use of necessary PPE at all times and that all lock off procedures are followed.
- Supporting the Team Manager in assessing, justifying and implementing necessary training within the team as well as undertaking any training required as part of the role and as directed by the Team Manager.
- Making full use of the management system on Ride Maintenance (Mobaro) to identify and produce reports on rides and any recurring trends whilst proactively identifying works required within maintenance areas and carrying out periodic inspection and testing as required and producing associated relevant installation certification as required.
** The ability to work safely at heights is ESSENTIAL for this position **