Location: Gosport, Hampshire
Description: Dedicated and experienced Customer Service Manager with a technical background required to support the activities of a globally renowned aerospace solutions provider.
Salary: to c£31k + benefits
Our client is recognised as the global market leader in aerospace MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul) for a range of aerospace engines and components, and as a result of continued success and an ongoing programme of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit an experienced Customer Service Manager to complement their established and successful Business Services team.
Reporting to the Engines Engineering Manager, the role necessitates the successful candidate carry out all reasonable tasks that ensure the highest levels of customer service delivery, and ensuring a consistent culture within the department of focusing on developing and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues within their own area and supporting surrounding departments without exception, with the role holder expected to maintain the integrity of the Company’s reputation by assuring the requests of the department are executed in a timely fashion, while maintaining the Company’s best interest and focused on growth related activities.
Core duties for this varied and challenging role will include (but not be limited to):
- Developing and managing Customer relationships, increasing Customer satisfaction, and delivering a responsive and effective communication process at all times
- Identifying and investigating further MRO business opportunities within the customer base and acting as the focal point for interaction with Customers , taking ownership of Customer issues, identifying repeated Customer service problems, communicating delays to the Customer and continually reviewing and suggesting process improvements.
- Preparing and reviewing Customer Summary/Status Reports and liaising closely with other departments and company-wide personnel as necessary.
- In conjunction with Sales and other commercially based teams, preparing and submitting cost estimates, invoices, sales orders and other customer analysis as required.
- Monitoring, analysing and reassessing information on cost estimates
- Effectively managing associated administration related to Customer accounts and booking-in procedures and coordinating with planners for effective prioritisation
- Maintaining frequent contact with Customers, documenting progress and coordinating with other departments and administering and coordinating the OEM warranty policy.
- Carrying out contract and cost estimate reviews to ensure contract requirement compliance
- Accelerating the resolution of work stoppages related to Customer supplied documentation, warranty issues and credit holds and Identifying, managing and mitigating potential commercial risks through action plans
- Complying with all current export controls, TAA/ITAR requirements and ensuring compliance is maintained whilst being responsible for the Cycle Zero process, and monitoring and liaising on Mobile Repair Team field work and teams in the field
To be considered for this varied and challenging role, it is essential that the successful candidate demonstrate an exceptionally articulate verbal and written communication style along with strong numeracy and IT abilities, and experience gained within an aerospace or similarly technical engineering environment, perhaps gained in a sale or customer service or support related capacity.
Essentially for the position, you will excel in developing and maintaining effective working relationships in order to benefit customer needs, so strong negotiation and influencing skills to resolve customer issues are also essential for the position. With a self motivated approach and the ability to efficiently manage and prioritise your workload, a full driving licence is also required as is the flexibility to travel within the UK (and occasionally overseas) as required. A good degree of physical fitness is also required for the position (and the ability to wear PPE in areas as required) as the facility is sizeable and you will walk between the various departments in your daily course of activities.