Location: Commutable from Nuneaton, Coleshill, Tamworth, Sutton Coldfield, Lichfield, Cannock and Atherstone
Description: Organised and enthusiastic Project Manager required by our established and highly successful automation solutions provider.
Salary: to c£38k neg dep exp + benefits
Our client has been established for almost 70 years and specialise in the design, manufacture and installation of highest quality integrated automation and materials handling solutions to a diverse range of industry sectors, and as a result of continued success and a planned program of strategic growth, they are now seeking to recruit a local and experienced Project Manager to complement their established and successful team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful Project Manager proactively provides functional leadership to the Project Team, and either undertakes or assists in a range of processes and activities that include finalising contracts, initiation of Projects, delivering systems, monitoring Projects through to closedown and handover and visiting Customer’s Site (Including international Projects as required). Core responsibilities for this varied and challenging role will include:
- Assessing projects on feasibility (budget, planning) and on request of sales contractual conditions (liability, standards, delivery terms) during quotation stage.
- Finalising the implementation plan of the project resources and if necessary aligning with other disciplines.
- Working closely with the Design Department to convert quotations into detailed agreements with customers, resulting in the creation of a functional layout and specification to be agreed and signed off by the customer.
- Leading the project team in all aspects of planning and internal processes and guaranteeing quality and effectiveness by ensuring that the right process steps / decisions are made by the right team members
- Managing the execution of risk analysis and control measures (technical, budget, contractual, planning) based on information from the project team.
- Managing customer expectations by effective coordination and communication with the customer.
- Determining the conditions of outsourcing together with Purchasing, taking into consideration the business economic conditions for outsourcing.
- Responsible for working conditions (H&S requirements) at the customer’s site.
- Monitoring delivery scope and ensuring that any contract deviations are agreed and charged accordingly.
- Monitoring invoicing and managing associated administration accordingly.
You will be responsible for creating written reports detailing project progress and finances, that analyse the project cash flow and budget variations and adjusts if necessary, and will also create project risk assessments within the framework of regulations and contract conditions, taking all relevant measures to mitigate risks. You will also manage “snag lists” upon project completion together with the commissioning team before handover to the customer aftercare department.
To be considered for this varied and challenging role, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will realistically be degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline and demonstrate proven success in a project management environment (encompassing all aspects of financial, organisation and staffing elements) along with solid experience of internal logistics processes. Essentially you will possess exhaustive contract management experience and effective negotiation, influencing and procurement skills along wit knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations regarding both CE and HSE requirements.